Renzo P. Frosolone 10"

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Corvus

Renzo P. Frosolone 10"

Post by Corvus »

My first Frosolone, and I'm very pleased with the elegant design and clean workmanship, and the horn is some fairly primo lookin' stuff. Centered, straight, tight, no peeking or gaps - it checks all the boxes, Heck, it's even relatively sharp, with a *gasp* usable blade profile, should one be so inclined. But then, it's not technically a stiletto.

Anyone know why they position the button and safety so far south on the handle? The firing ergos are better than I expected, but still a bit more awkward than the usual centrally-placed button.
JulesVane

Re: Renzo P. Frosolone 10"

Post by JulesVane »

That's another beauty you've acquired Rick! Certainly hit the Horn jackpot as well! A great post by Dave (ILSs) on the low button placement here.... viewtopic.php?p=256482#p256482

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

Wow, that is awesome horn. The AGA/RP are well made knives. Why can't I get horn like that?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

The button and safely are designed that way for a covert ambush style shanking.
2024 candidate for president
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Thanks, guys.

Wow - I had no idea that the low button placement had such a specific function. That makes me appreciate the design even more. Seems like the stealth value would be severely compromised by the loud warning *clack* of the blade firing compared to a small, silent fixed blade :?, but that doesn't make the design concept any less interesting.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Corvus wrote:Thanks, guys.

Wow - I had no idea that the low button placement had such a specific function. That makes me appreciate the design even more. Seems like the stealth value would be severely compromised by the loud warning *clack* of the blade firing compared to a small, silent fixed blade :?, but that doesn't make the design concept any less interesting.
Ahh, but Rick! That "warning click" is half the fun! lol :lol:

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

JulesVane wrote:Ahh, but Rick! That "warning click" is half the fun! lol :lol:
Can't argue with that! The sound of these Eye-talian classics is what hooked me on 'em in the first place. So much more organic and complex than the generic *thunk* of yer ubiquitous aluminum-framed, coil-sprung auto. Chock-up another one for the peculiar eccentricities of the automatic knife collector.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Corvus, your 10" RP Frosolone is SAAWWEEEEET!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :!: :!:
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

sammy the blade wrote:The button and safely are designed that way for a covert ambush style shanking.
rof
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller