B Rostfrei

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jarvis

B Rostfrei

Post by jarvis »

Here you go, br'er Storebought. It's a small one, bought about 25 years ago. The horn is completely jet black front and back.

Click on the thumbnails.

Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
HLangston

B Rostfrei

Post by HLangston »

Nice knife! I have a 20cm stag "B" that I bought in Italy 20 years ago, and an 18cm and 16cm I bought at auction recently. The "B" knives were supposedly made by Vittorio Beltrame, father of Frank and Armando.

On mine, on all three sizes, the top front (swiveling) bolster is stainless steel and unlined, while the top back bolster is nickel silver and brass lined.

Same with yours?
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Thanks, HLangston. Got this one in France. The bolsters are stainless steel front and back with no liner behind the back bolster.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Thats a nice little knife!
butch

Post by butch »

I like it! 8)
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

Jarvis
nice looking knife. :wink:
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

That is a nice knife Jarvis. :D
blackjack
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
RAZOR SHARP

??

Post by RAZOR SHARP »

Hi Jarvis,

I got in the same conversation about the marking on your knife with Magnum. He said that the B over Rostfrei was Frank Betrame's first tang stamp. I have one marked BP over Rostfrei and we still can't figure that one out yet. Think I will have to ask Bill DeShivs. But double check with Magnum for sure. :D

:wink:
I WATCHED A SNAIL CRAWLING ON A RAZORS EDGE. THIS IS MY DREAM. THIS IS MY NIGHTMARE
storebought

Post by storebought »

Br'er Jarvis, I'll take it!!
Never trust the weird looking little dog ~ or anyone else for that matter.
HLangston

B Rostfrei

Post by HLangston »

Razor Sharp;

You may be right, I may be wrong. My only source of information came from an auction on the old BladeAuction site. The knife was being sold/described by (I think) Laura Veroli, but that was a long time ago, so it might have been someone else. Anyway, this is the description, which I saved:
In 1961, Armando Beltrame started his knifemaking job under his father's direction, but his grandfather had already worked in this sector of cutlery. The early company name was “Vittorio Beltrame & Figli”.

In 1996 this company was divided into two different companies: mABer Coltellerie and Fratelli Beltrame f&c. This knife was made by the "Vittorio Beltrame & Figli", the old shop, in the early 1960s and was stored by Armando till now.

Tang stamp reads "B" with the word "ROSTFREI" underneath. Unsharpened and unscratched, in mint unused condition.
Herb
DeathCemetary

Re: B Rostfrei

Post by DeathCemetary »

Hello =)
Im from Brazil and my friend from Italia who collects antiques brought me a knife very similar to that one! But it says its from C . Jul. Herbertz - Rostfrei 4.

Here's a pic... sorry for the bad resoultion, its from my celphone. :oops:
Attachments
IMG0006A.jpg
IMG0006A.jpg (38.3 KiB) Viewed 36408 times
"Vou torcer pro Grêmio bebendo vinho".
BRASIL
Wray1958

Post by Wray1958 »

Sweet little knife!!! :)
psxdumy

Post by psxdumy »

Hi, I have a similar knife to the knives in your pictures. i think i found it, or a friend gave it to me. i can't remember. i don't know anything about knives. It says B Rostfrei and the handle is swirly dark blue. What is the purpost of a knife like this? Is it a switchblade? Should I sharpen it? It doesn't seem like it could really do much.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Sharpen carefully and use it mostly for opening letters/packages :wink:
Herbertz is a German company but this type of swichbalde was made for them in Italy :idea:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. psxdumy,

Iff'n you have a knife similar to the one in the above picture and you don't know iff'n it's a switchblade or notness, you oughta should chuck it - You are a danger to yourself and others...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?