Renzo Pascotto & Lucio Di Bon Double SwitchBlade Masterpiece

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
john

Renzo Pascotto & Lucio Di Bon Double SwitchBlade Masterpiece

Post by john »

Hello Everyone,
First of all, I want to thank two of Italy's finest Master Craftsmen, Renzo Pascotto and Lucio Di Bon, for this incredible work of art. It is a true engineering marvel; only these two extremely talented men could accomplish the design and execution of the world's only Italian Double SwitchBlade Stiletto.
It hasn't arrived, but I have a few photo's I'd like to share of my new never made before Double SwitchBlade. Only 15 were made, 5 Sambar Stag, 5 Brazilian Horn and 5 French Tip Blonde. Mine is number 10 in old Indian Sambar Stag. It is 36 cm open or about 14.5 inches. I estimate it to have a 5.75" handle, 4.75" bayonet blade and a 3.75" swedge blade with Nickel silver bolsters, round button and oval button with a lock back release and pick lock release and Brass "D" stamped liners. This was very challenging project to get to knives of this style to work as one. The knife was made totally by hand the old school way.
I will post a full pictorial essay when it arrives.
Thank you for taking a look at my new Made in Italy, Maniago Double SwitchBlade knife by two of Italy's finest Master Craftsmen, Renzo Pascotto and Lucio Di Bon.
John

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
dark2023

Re: Renzo Pascotto & Lucio Di Bon Double SwitchBlade Masterp

Post by dark2023 »

This is one of the most unique and cool things I've seen come out of Italy in quite awhile.
It seems a little bulky, but other than that it's awesome. Seems very practical too.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

very nice :)
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

This is truly an extraordinary and unique knife design and I like it. Would love to add one to my collection. Very cool. 8)
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
lars

Post by lars »

Awesome addition, my friend! A true Masterpiece from Renzo and Lucio.
I don't dare to think about the time they must have spent creating them.
Outstanding craftsmanship :!: :!:
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Italian craftsman are the REAL innovators of these knives , everyone else just copies what they do lol :D
Bernie *** FOLGORE KNIVES USA ***
dave

Post by dave »

METALGOD wrote:Italian craftsman are the REAL innovators of these knives , everyone else just copies what they do lol :D
Merlin built several double switchblade stilettos years ago. This does appear to be a very nice knife. It appears that both Renzo and Lucio did a fine job.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Love it!
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

dave wrote:
METALGOD wrote:Italian craftsman are the REAL innovators of these knives , everyone else just copies what they do lol :D
Merlin built several double switchblade stilettos years ago. This does appear to be a very nice knife. It appears that both Renzo and Lucio did a fine job.
got any pics of merlin double ? i highly doubt it is built exactly like this one.
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Hello John , have you re morgaged the house again :lol: lovely knife / Knives John :!: :mrgreen: two ways to cut yourself after too many gins in the garden :lol:
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
dave

Post by dave »

METALGOD wrote:
dave wrote:
got any pics of merlin double ? i highly doubt it is built exactly like this one.
I have no pics of any of merlin's doubles. Double Bladed stilettos do not interest me. I believe a stiletto should be a single blade knife and that is just my personal preference. I agree that they are probably not built exactly like this one. It be rather spooky of they were, 2 different times, 2 different spaces, 2 different builders hand building knives. I'm with you Bernie they are probably not exactly the same and I commend you on making this observation.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Hi Dave Merlin made some unique knives back in the day for sure i would love see one of his double switchblades . flylock made them in the teens 1918 i think . i personally like doubles and these new ones Renzo just made are probably first made with old style D-stamped liners and 2 different style buttons one traditional and one flat or flush , bayonet and swedge style blades ? o man forget about it lol . these are some of the coolest and most unique stilettos ive seen any maker make and never to be made again due to complications in making this complex of a knife. very cool idea, not sure if they were ever made but it would be cool to see a double Leverlock or Leverletto also :D .
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I have a question....why are the holes drilled in the steel like that?....do they not have a metal bandsaw?....seems much easier and less time consuming than drilling hundreds of holes...and if they do not have a bandsaw....do they just make a prptotype or two then farm off the rest to get laser or water cut?....I know I have alot of questions but I am seeing many steps of the process missing in the pics that would be neat to see....Nemo
Last edited by Nemo on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Bernie ...now that is just funny....you know that many of us created double bladed knives many years ago.....Nemo
john

Post by john »

Hello Dark,
I'm hoping its not too thick or as you said bulky. To be honest with you I really don't care :lol: . While it may look practical and it is a practical design I will never use to cut more than finger. Simply, because I'm a little bit careless :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you, Dark, for taking a look at the newest knife to come out of Maniago and for your comment,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed