need advice

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

With a German name I want a German knife!!
[Nothing wrong with Brazil my Tramontina was made there, but it's the principal of the thing].
switchman1

Kitchen knives

Post by switchman1 »

Vagrant is right when he says search out the flea markets for kitchen knives, you can find incredible value in old carbon steel blades. and anyways you only need the essentials in a kitchen, a 10' chefs knife, a fillet knife, a paring knife, a bread knife, and a cleaver will get you through most kitchen tasks. If you really want to go new I suggest the top line Henkels, I've had two of their knives for over 15 yrs with no problems at all. But I still like carbon steel for the kitchen.
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

Stone Knife wrote:Y' know those Kershaw damascus ones are really interesting... I'd like to hear how they're holding up.
I bought the 10" Kerhaw damascus knife close to a year ago and I still haven't had the need to sharpen it. It looks and feels amazing and slices through anything with barely any effort. I just recently acquired their 5" paring knife and their bread knife and I am very impressed, I've been looking for a decent quality bread knife for quite a while now. If you're having a hard time finding a good deal some knives, I would suggest looking on the for sale sections in forums like foodieforums , that's where I got my 10" chef knife. As for the other I met someone who got kicked off of Ebay because Kershaw complained to Ebay because they were selling the knives too cheap. 40% off of Kershaw's MRSP. That's where I got my 5 incher and my bread knife. I'm not going to post his name, but you can PM me if it interests you.
mac

Post by mac »

I bought the 10" Kershaw damascus knife close to a year ago and I still haven't had the need to sharpen it. It looks and feels amazing and slices through anything with barely any effort. I just recently acquired their 5" paring knife and their bread knife and I am very impressed, I've been looking for a decent quality bread knife for quite a while now. If you're having a hard time finding a good deal some knives, I would suggest looking on the for sale sections in forums like foodieforums , that's where I got my 10" chef knife. As for the other I met someone who got kicked off of Ebay because Kershaw complained to Ebay because they were selling the knives too cheap. 40% off of Kershaw's MRSP. That's where I got my 5 incher and my bread knife. I'm not going to post his name, but you can PM me if it interests you.
hay hey hay...
I am lookin for some of those Kershaw damascus knives :wink:
Pirat

You can try these ones

Post by Pirat »

Avant Garde or Al Mar.