Newbie broke his knife :(

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Pinkeye

Newbie broke his knife :(

Post by Pinkeye »

I've had this SKM 7" italian stiletto for a few months now, the only auto I own, and today I closed the knife, and a piece of the spring fell out :( . Is it fixable? If so, where can I get a replacement spring and how much of a pain in the ass is it to fix?

Thanks!
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Yes they are fixable and PVK carries some replacement springs. As far as a do it yourself job, if you are handy with a few tools. You would have to remove a couple of pins, from the back spine and the one at bottom of handle.....
You can also check out lesson #1 from Bill at the following.http://forums.delphiforums.com/knife101/messages
Good luck...
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I have nothing to say. But did you carry that now fixer-uper in your pocket?
Pinkeye

Post by Pinkeye »

sounds like it's not worth the aggravation to try to fix a knife so inexpensive... and no I didn't carry it in my pocket, I usually carry a spyderco native or a buck lightning that I can open faster than I could open the auto.

Thanks for the help.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

This is not common but it does happen. I try to be VERY liberal when my customers have a problem like this. It may cost ME some money but if I don't take care of my customers the could become EX customers. So even if I have to "eat" the cost it's worth it.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Vagrant,

I was not surprised to read your post. It is consistent with your exceptional level of customer service. Forum members take note: I'm not a paid sales representative for Vagrant, just a very satisfied customer.

You mentioned that you are very liberal with respect to customer problems. Somehow, I suspect that this is one of very few areas where you are very liberal. :lol: :lol:

Jim
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Jim,
Nailed that one.
Although I'm fairly comfortable with the Libertarians since they believe in the absolute minimum amount of governmental involvement in our lives.
J-man

Post by J-man »

Here are the ONLY things I think the Government should be respoinable for:
HealthCare if your not in the Upper Tax Class
Education if your not in the Upper Tax Class
Human Rights
National Defence
Policing only when it comes to Actual Crimes i.e. Murder, Rape, Robbery.
no Weapons and Drug Laws (Only for Drug Quality)
If your not in the Upper-Tax class... Fair Priced Heating, Electricty, Garbage disposal and water.
They also shouldn't have any Control over Tobbaco or Bozze (Only for Quailty). But you can't sell that kind of stuff to little kids, same with Drugs.
Oh yeah AND NO INCOME TAXES!!! The only reason why people actually agreed to having them was because of the war... Now the Fatcats just need to give themselves a raise.

If you disargee, fine I but want to start a Political Debate.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If there isn't a victim it isn't [or shouldn't be] a crime.
If we agreed to that the jails would be very lonely places, but the few people there would be VERY BAD.
As for the Federal Government - National Defense and within sensable limits protect the environment. [Too many Canadians come to the U.S. for
medical procedeures for me to have any faith in national health services].
State or Provincial governments can take care of REAL crimes.
No laws on possesion of ANYTHING.
NO speed limits but strict liability laws.
Floggings for any crime where someone is hurt [daily until the victim recovers]. That would be a make felons think about their job options.
Murderers die the way their victim died.
Self defense is an absolute right - not a crime. If someone assaults you it's open season on him [or her, or them] even if they only hurt you "a little".
This will never happen - too bad, it would change the world for the better.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

J Man,

You'd fit in well in my state. We are a very democratic state, but not on personal freedom issues. Most of our democrat representatives have 100% approval by the NRA.

Folks tend to believe in a social safety net, and like you say keeping the roads clear crime under control, and national defense, but things like abortion, guns, and ganja fall into the none of anybodies business category.

As somebody who works with a caseload of people who are getting checks from the gov't on the basis usually of conditions that are preventable had they been able to afford treatment, I think that Canada's health care system would save us some money in the long run.
J-man

Post by J-man »

The problem with having alot of Public Services means the Government can make more laws... another thing is when election day comes it's the flavor of the Month who wins. Right now our Eletricty Bills are 3 times as much as before and there has been about 10 brownouts ever since they de-regulated it in our province, obivously Politics doesn't learn by example from other areas such as the U.K. and a really good example of no regulation in eletricity is California. Our healthcare system too is hitting the shits because of plain cut back. Hell the Government barley gives enough money to the Health System so they can keep enough gas in the tank to drive the Ambulence from Hospital to Hospital to Hosptial to Hopstial untill they can find one that has room for one. Most likely the very few ones that don't have limited emergency hours and ones that they don't have close down half the beds. Nasically everything is run by fat pigs and they can agree only on two things. How to make ourselves more Wealthier and how we Can make the Poor poorer!

The Government when it comes too Basic resources such as Education, Healthcare, Power, Water etc. Has to regulate it so that everyone can use it but can't have to much power to exploit it...

The problem is that will never happen, If I had to go with someone here I'd probably go with Vagrant.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Hey J Man,

Canada sounds a lot more like the US than I thought it was. :D
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If you read what our Canadian members say, they have it worse than we do and are a decade or so ahead of us on becoming a police state.
No right to bear arms
Switchblades are a felony to carry
License to carry a pistol almost impossible to get
Radar detectors are illegal
The courts are supposed to help the police when they want a search warrant
They haven't even mentioned censorship, but read the Palidan Press catalog and see the number of books they can't ship to Canada.
They can list more but it gets depessing since we're headed in the same direction.
J-man

Post by J-man »

Actually after 9/11 they passed the "Anti-Terrosist Bill" which gave Police the Power too:
Search, Strip Search in public or not in public with or with out warrant or reasonable cause... As long as it is in the interest of Public Safety.
Arrest without warrant or Reasonable cause As long as it is in the interest of Public Safety.
Survillance, Hold against will without evidence by police were accpetable under the act... Although thank god it was appealed before it came into effect... The "Liberals" made it, passed it, but it was all of the other Parties who appealed it "Liberal" doesn't mean much in Canada.

As far as censorship goes, well swaring, nudity and violence/gore is underated compared to the states... But if it's anti-Governement, Rasicst in anyway or form it can be taken away, censored and denied entry into Canada etc.

Get your Guns ready my American Friends before they take your rights away in the next 20 years... That seems how quickly they did. Canada had little gun Control untill 1982, everything has gone up in control since then!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Far too many Americans have accepted the bit about our elected "leaders"
they are supposed to be our elected SERVANTS.
If you want to know how BAD things are, when we were "colonists" we paid 1/10 of 1% of our income to the Crown in taxes. Since gaining our freedom it has risen "slightly" to 47% that goes to Washinton.
Jefferson said we should have a Revolution EVERY generation or we would lose our freedoms. He forgot to add we would be robbed blind in the process.