What got you into Switchblades?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

I found my first switchblade in a ditch. It was a cheaply made OTF with a wobbly blade. I kept it a few months 'til the novelty wore off, then gave it away. The next one was a "Magic Knife" kit I bought as a "gag" gift for a White Elephant party. The bug didn't really bite 'til I bought an LCC clone and a big (11" open") Paki lever lock at a local knife shop. I don't know how they were selling autos over the counter here, but they were. Something about flicking these knives open whetted a desire to know more about switchblades, so I did an Internet search, found the AB forum...and as a few others have noted, the rest was history.

Are all the past posts from the old forum lost and gone forever? I only got about 3/4 through them...such a goldmine of information! As well as some really great pics, like those of Switch67's collection. Just seems a shame to lose all that....

ah, nevermind, I shoulda read dexter's announcement first
Bali-Flipper

Post by Bali-Flipper »

Seeing a balisong in face off got me started I got my very first bali from my uncle when I was 14 and now own 8 (Iv'e got a BM43 on its way) and then bought a stiletto from http://www.skm.to and loved it but never really spent much money on autos im pretty much a Balisong Man.

<--==Living Without Balisong Is Like Living Without Oxygen==-->
<>-=They Can Take My Life But I Won't Let Them Take My Balis-=<>
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Corpse,

That's what I meant. HE as in craters. Theres all kind of things we can blow-up around my place, even some of the Zoomies shrines. We can also crash the local paint ball party with some 7.62 and show'em some real blood. Nothing like a 4 wheeler stuffed with rifles, shotguns, hand guns, ammo and beer, eh! Got yer escape plan ready?

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If you plan on that much fun, there's no need for him having an escape plan. Let's bust him out. On my list of work type things I have to do today was "take plow off Jeep", I can leave it on for your type of adventure. It
can help deflect any "responces" we might get.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Doofus Emeritus-

I will see what I can do to help you explode patriotically. Philosophically, that constitutes a legal holiday exemption from law, right? Just to be on the safe side, I'll drive up after dark with my lights off, on the shoulder, truck covered with camoflauge shrubbery. No need to look over here, officer!
Sure makes my ol' blackened stone heart warm to see Mr. Vagrant and you caring enough to help me escape. Thanks, gentlemen. I have a plan in action though- I made myself a cardboard sign to wear on a string around my neck that says- " I'm Invisible- Nobody Can See Me" I figure that'll work, right? Just as a back up, the flip side says-"I'm Mental Stand
Back!" Whatcha' think?

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. How do ya access the old forum topic files for hysterical records?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Wally,

Go to the first topic, actually its an Announcement, and there is a link. Thanks in a large part to you crazy Californians, you are right about the hysterical records.

Jim
nevwerg

Post by nevwerg »

paint chips in my cereal
Last edited by nevwerg on Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Vagrant,

I was thinking more in the line of an old Sherman Tank, blasting away at the steel gates while playing Hank's 'Theres a Tear In my Beer'......

Mr. Corpse,

When you hang that sign around yer neck, make sure yer buck naked to see if invisability is a reality. So, I see you left the masterbatorium. Was it a peacefull exit or did nurse Retchid have to come in and give you a Hand?
Never mind my nonsense. Some 'ol friends showed up late last night, and there's a mile of brain gas to try to focus through.

Mr. Nevwerg,

I think you last post was a disgrace. You should be beaten with a rod for not reffering to our eternal Master with an upper case. What are you, some sort of reprobate?

Time to unload some 7.62x39 upon unsuspecting Lemurian Zoomies.
I hope your Sunday is as peacefull and pleasant as mine is expected to be.

Best Regards,

Bonz
Gort

Re: What got you into Switchblades?

Post by Gort »

It was a French girl, in Paris, about 1972
Roccomo wrote:Was it a personal experience? Was it the movies? After reading whats written in this forum I started wondering what everybody else thought about this. Just what was it that started your interest in automatic knives?
-Gort
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Gort,

Please, do finish the story. You have my undivided attention.

Best Regards,

Bonz
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Arthritis.
2024 candidate for president
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

:lol:
sammy the blade wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:44 pm Arthritis.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rondog
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

In 1958 ,I was 11 , got nosey and looked in drawers around the house....then I found a 9" Black beauty stiletto in my dad's nightstand .....I played with it daily , while he was at work .....until I broke the spring ( he never mentioned that )....but I was hooked , then at 15 years old , I bought a "bullfighter" leverlock at school
for $ 5.00 ( alotta of money back then ) My intrest concerning switchblades went ballistic after that !...... :D

Rondog
sammy the blade

Good to hear from you Dog, don't be a stranger!
Last edited by sammy the blade on Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
sammy the blade

Re:

Doofus Emeritus wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2002 9:49 pm Mr. Gort,

Please, do finish the story. You have my undivided attention.

Best Regards,

Bonz
Mine too!