It's a Mystery

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Chris51P

It's a Mystery

Post by Chris51P »

Attached is a pic of a knife that was in an auction several years ago. Unfortunately, I didn't keep any description of the auction but did keep the pic. I wanted to participate but the competitive bidding was going thru the stratosphere. Is there anyone willing to make a guess to the type and brand? It looks to be an OTF but don't know. Also, if it's European or USA. Yes I did see the patent info on the bolster but you can't assume that it's a US patent # as the letters US are not in front of the word patent. I listed this request and pic on another forum site. We'll see what comes up between the two.
Vintage Knife Pic.jpg
Vintage Knife Pic.jpg (50.98 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
Quaero

Re: It's a Mystery

Post by Quaero »

That's a very rare 1950s era Japanese-made out the front model.
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

Quaero wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:05 am That's a very rare 1950s era Japanese-made out the front model.
Well, I was wrong on thinking it was US or European. So how does the patent # on the bolster fit in with being Japanese? Is the knife design a US patent design but manufactured in Japan?
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Ken has it all figured out in The Old Switchblade Group on FB
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

portlandmike wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:29 am Ken has it all figured out in The Old Switchblade Group on FB
Yeah... I asked for his help and he responded. Nice to have support groups.