BÖKER ?

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

BÖKER ?

Post by JulesVane »

I recently acquired this leverlock that seems to have all the attributes of a Boker. Thing is: no hint of the Boker etching or tang stamp at all. As seen, only Solingen over Germany tang stamped. Whether I've seen Italian made/ contract "Boker" pieces, they've always had some reference to Boker (usually, at least etched). I've included the only known Boker's I have for comparison. Could it be anything else, and why no reference to Boker? Thanks for looking and input.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
whippersnapper

Re: BÖKER ?

Post by whippersnapper »

Are there Italian made Boker's? Or am I misreading your post?

Good looking knife!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:44 am Are there Italian made Boker's? Or am I misreading your post?

Good looking knife!
Thanks Terry! Though not a leverlock, this "Boker" is advertised as Italian made for Boker. Note, it is etched as well....

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Quaero

Post by Quaero »

Interesting lever model which certainly looks to have been made by Boker. Perhaps made on contract for sale by an independent retailer???
Nice looking group of Boker lever models as well.
Does the blade lock in the open position on the button fired model? Some did not due to a German knife law.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Quaero wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:45 am Interesting lever model which certainly looks to have been made by Boker. Perhaps made on contract for sale by an independent retailer???
Nice looking group of Boker lever models as well.
Does the blade lock in the open position on the button fired model? Some did not due to a German knife law.
Thank you Quaero...the Italian model picture is from a sales site and the description does state that it locks open. Since my knife is stamped Solingen over Germany, does that mean it was indeed made in Germany, or not necessarily?

Quaero

Post by Quaero »

I would believe that it was made by Boker in Germany.
There are some very good "fake" knives out there, but I don't think this is one of them.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

JulesVane wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:02 am
whippersnapper wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:44 am Are there Italian made Boker's? Or am I misreading your post?

Good looking knife!
Thanks Terry! Though not a leverlock, this "Boker" is advertised as Italian made for Boker. Note, it is etched as well....

I learn something every day.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Great lineup Chris ! Those are some beauties

This one does not lock open ..
Attachments
A9858986-9C3B-4AF0-98EF-A753AFEFD529.jpeg
A9858986-9C3B-4AF0-98EF-A753AFEFD529.jpeg (59.61 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

That's a really nice example of that Italian knife Mike! The whole "contract knife" concept can be confusing (to me). A German knife maker hires an Italian knife maker to put their German name on an Italian knife and call it...German?...Italian? And, why? When the German knife company is quite capable of producing their own knives lol.

Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Because the Italians were set up to make the knives already.
It's no different than Americans importing knives with their company name. It's just that US importing laws are stricter on place of origin.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.