ORIGINAL VINTAGE RIZZUTO ESTILETO MILANO. 11" AUTOMATIC SWITCHBLADE KNIFE c.1950'S-1960'S NM!

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Military Knives

ORIGINAL VINTAGE RIZZUTO ESTILETO MILANO. 11" AUTOMATIC SWITCHBLADE KNIFE c.1950'S-1960'S NM!

Post by Military Knives »

ORIGINAL VINTAGE RIZZUTO ESTILETO MILANO (MEXICO) 11" AUTOMATIC SWITCHBLADE KNIFE c.1950'S-1960'S EX.-NEAR MINT COND. 5 1/2" FLAT GROUND BLADE. ORIGINAL RAZOR SHARP EDGE. RICASSO STAMPED "RIZZUTO ESTILETO MILANO", and SCARCE; "STAINLESS STEEL". BLADE HAS NO PEAK, AND SITS WELL BELOW THE SURFACE. THE BLACK PLASTIC GRIPS ARE MINT WITH NO SCRATCHES OR CRACKS. MANY OF THESE RIZUTTO'S HAVE CRACKED HANDLES, THIS ONE IS SUPERB. SLIGHT BLADE WOBBLE WHICH IS INHERENT WITH RIZZUTOS. BLADE FIRES STRONG. RECOMMEND STORING IT IN THE OPEN POSITION, AS I DO WITH ALL AUTOMATIC KNIVES. IF STORED CLOSED FOR A WHILE THIS KNIFE WILL OPEN SLIGHTLY SLOW THE 1ST TIME ONLY. THEN SUCCEDING OPENING FIRES STRONG. OVERALL A LESS OFTEN SEEN LONG LENGTH, FLAT GROUND BLADE, AND A SELDOM SEEN KNIFE OFERED FOR SALE THESE DAYS. PRICE IS $300 obo

***KNIFE HAS BEEN SOLD***
If you have any questions regarding this, or any Allied Military Fighting Knife 1941-1975, please let me know. I've been an advanced Collector, Dealer, & Military Historian studying Fighting Knives & the men that carried them for 40 years.

I personally guarantee the authenticity of any knife that I sell. If you're also not sure what knife you have, or what it's worth, let me know. I offer Free Advice! I deal in high condition examples as they perform the best over time, and have more eye appeal!
The buyer certifies that he or she is of lawful age and is not prevented by any law from the purchase or possession of these items. The buyer is responsible for knowing, understanding and obeying all International, Federal, State and Local laws concerning the purchase and possession of these items.
Attachments
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 1.jpg
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 1.jpg (412.46 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 3.jpg
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 3.jpg (501.53 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 4.jpg
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 4.jpg (478.81 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 5.jpg
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 5.jpg (522.43 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 6.jpg
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 6.jpg (529.06 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 7.jpg
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 7.jpg (466.22 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 8.jpg
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 8.jpg (483.97 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 9.jpg
Rizzuto Estileto 11 inch Switchblade Auto 9.jpg (420.51 KiB) Viewed 5387 times
Last edited by Military Knives on Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
galvanic1882

Re: ORIGINAL VINTAGE RIZZUTO ESTILETO MILANO. 11" AUTOMATIC SWITCHBLADE KNIFE c.1950'S-1960'S NM!

Post by galvanic1882 »

Don't see a price??
Military Knives

Re: ORIGINAL VINTAGE RIZZUTO ESTILETO MILANO. 11" AUTOMATIC SWITCHBLADE KNIFE c.1950'S-1960'S NM!

Sorry, I forgot that Talk Blade has you type the price into the description. The price is $350 OBO. Make me an offer.

Thanks,
~John~
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Is that a price for one !?!? :shock:
Military Knives

I DON'T FOLLOW YOU. If YOU'RE BEING SARCASTIC THEN YOU'RE NOT IN TOUCH WITH CURRENT MARKET PRICES. SORRY.

~J~
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Absolutely beautiful Rizzy and to find one in flat grind! Please forgive my lack of knowledge. Is that an actual Italian made Rizzy I’m looking at
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

To my knowledge, there is no such thing as an Italian made Rizzuto.

Jim
Military Knives

Hi Jim,

Yes, of course I know that. But thanks. Anyone that buys/collects should know this.

~John~
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Military Knives wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:53 pm Hi Jim,

Yes, of course I know that. But thanks. Anyone that buys/collects should know this.

~John~
With the myriad of different types of switchblades both young and old. Not every buyer/collector even well informed ones will know this. Some collectors interests might be in completely different areas and they may have never even bought a Rizutto. Also maybe they just started collecting. Especially when you consider how many people spread misinformation all over the entire Internet!
Last edited by picklocksrock on Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Robert H. Shuller
Military Knives

I've already stated that the Rizutto is Japanese. Thanks for your reply. They are scarce though in the event you didn't know that.

~J~
Last edited by Military Knives on Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

Military Knives wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:13 pm I've already stated that the Rizutto is Jananese. Thanks for your reply. They are scarce though in the event you didn't know that.

~J~
Of course I know their scarce. I’m implying that to a novice in Rizutto knives or a beginner might misinterpret is all. I read your entire post, I’m saying when using the word original in the title, can throw some people off. There is so much false information regarding these things out there it’s absurd! I respect your knowledge of different knives and I certainly am not trying to disrespect you. Maybe I got the wrong idea in your reply to Jim. It made it seem like all of this is common knowledge or something. I don’t see it that way. There are just way too many switchblades out there for anyone to be an omniscient buyer/collector as we are always learning new things! I’m actually looking for a Picklock Rizutto like this one. It looks better quality steel compared to all the other ones I’ve seen but I like it!
Attachments
486D8276-FB02-4F7C-BCF9-D377AF3BCD08.jpeg
486D8276-FB02-4F7C-BCF9-D377AF3BCD08.jpeg (470.01 KiB) Viewed 5144 times
-Robert H. Shuller
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

While not as common as they use to be they can still be found for sale .. they pop up in the auto groups on FB fairly often ..
Attachments
A44CC5BD-51ED-49EC-ACB5-31D0897EA626.jpeg
A44CC5BD-51ED-49EC-ACB5-31D0897EA626.jpeg (284.46 KiB) Viewed 5132 times
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Wow - what a cool collection of Rizzy's and a real blast from the past! Nice! Makes me wish I'd held on to some of them I had in the past.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

picklocksrock wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:31 pm
Military Knives wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:13 pm I've already stated that the Rizutto is Jananese. Thanks for your reply. They are scarce though in the event you didn't know that.

~J~
Of course I know their scarce. I’m implying that to a novice in Rizutto knives or a beginner might misinterpret is all. I read your entire post, I’m saying when using the word original in the title, can throw some people off. There is so much false information regarding these things out there it’s absurd! I respect your knowledge of different knives and I certainly am not trying to disrespect you. Maybe I got the wrong idea in your reply to Jim. It made it seem like all of this is common knowledge or something. I don’t see it that way. There are just way too many switchblades out there for anyone to be an omniscient buyer/collector as we are always learning new things! I’m actually looking for a Picklock Rizutto like this one. It looks better quality steel compared to all the other ones I’ve seen but I like it!
Unfortunately the JPL's (Japanese Pick Locks) are notorious for soft steel and bent backsprings. When I find one it almost always has to go to Jeremy for repairs.
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

portlandmike wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:49 am
picklocksrock wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:31 pm

~J~
Unfortunately the JPL's (Japanese Pick Locks) are notorious for soft steel and bent backsprings. When I find one it almost always has to go to Jeremy for repairs.
Good to know thank you 🙏 Looks can be deceiving with these!
-Robert H. Shuller