A&B Cutlery (seeking info)

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Luke_of_Mass

A&B Cutlery (seeking info)

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Greetings folks,

I have received today a neat little 8'' picklock from the 50's (I assume) marked A&B Cutlery. I am told this is tied to Beltrame in some way, but would love input from someone on this forum if they know more in-depth about it. It strikes me as perhaps one of the more obscure stamps out there, not even having an entry in the sharperdeals tangstamp database. There's nothing stamped on the other side. It's very minty, never sharpened with D-Stamps and a VERY short old-style safety but needs a new spring. Restoration of this knife will come roughly as quickly as restoration comes to my bank account :P

Knee-deep in the hoopla...
thom

Re: A&B Cutlery (seeking info)

Post by thom »

Nice knife. Really clear stamp. Good find
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Hey Luke! I tried searching A&B Cutlery when you first mentioned it, but I couldn't find anything on the forums. As I'm sure you've already discovered, "cutlery" yields a thousand hits, but omits the A&B. As far as an early Beltrame affiliation, I just can't recall reading anything on it. It's a great looking knife!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

Really nice find... excellent found condition. She’s a sweetheart.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

sweet one there Luke,as far as the stamp I am at a loss.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

I wonder if it was just an export stamp required to ship to a cutlery store in bum f**k u.s. of a. ???
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"