The Tonight Show

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Billyfish

The Tonight Show

Post by Billyfish »

It was 11:30pm.

The group renting next door to us for 2 weeks were in the pool with all the floodlights on shouting, hollering splashing; making outrageous noise.
The Missus has had enough.
The pool is 30' from our bedroom. I was in the office other end of the house.
Outside she goes unbeknownst to me; up to the stockade fence separating their pool from our yard.
I hear: “HELLO…HELLO… HELLO…HELLO…!!!”
Her volume is 80 decibels at least; finally a response from the noisemakers on the other side.
“EFFING SHUT UP OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE!!” utters my spouse at the top of her lungs.
Silence…flood lights go out about 5 minutes later.

You go Girl!!

And that capped off the night of our 25th or 26th wedding anniversary; we’ve lost count.
I’m still laughing my ass off.
God I love her.

B. Fish
Living the dream in a tourist hotspot.
TazmanTom

Re: The Tonight Show

Post by TazmanTom »

You've got a good one...
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Should have called the cops and put a real scare to them.
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yeah, I always get mad too when not invited to the neighbors wild parties....lol j/k
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

sammy the blade wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:03 pm Should have called the cops and put a real scare to them.
Never ask someone else to do what you can do yourself. :wink:
My Baby when pissed off is scarier than any pair of our town cops. :shock:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

My Baby when pissed off is scarier than any pair of our town cops. :shock: Then it seems it would be best to ensure she is not pissed off at you :lol:

Speaking of pools, a lot of homes around mine have pools. Even during this Summer of Covid 19, pool parties are as popular as cold beer on a hot Summer evening.

Jim
sammy the blade

Billyfish wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:44 pm
sammy the blade wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:03 pm Should have called the cops and put a real scare to them.
Never ask someone else to do what you can do yourself. :wink:
My Baby when pissed off is scarier than any pair of our town cops. :shock:
You never know if the people are stoned or drunk, you could be stepping into a big puddle of hurt.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I wish my wife would stand up to others more...And a little less to me...lol
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

No worries. :wink:
I suppose a scenario like that could arise; but it hasn't in the 26 years since we built here.
Come to our door with violence in your heart and the door gets answered with pepper spray for an appetizer and a call to 911; the walls are covered with lots of experienced swords, spears etc. for anyone who wants to take things further inside.
Best part is she doesn't mind living an armory.

We've been living with situations like what happened last night for a very long time and we were here first.
sammy the blade

Good on you but I'm still carrying a gun! First thing I learned in scouts was be prepared and I like 17 in my pistol and 30 in my rifle! To old to throw down anymore, don't mess with old farts.
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

I'd get hung from a lamp post by Mass. authorities; so the guns remain in the safe Sammy.
I did forget to mention the two very large and very protective Ridgeback hounds that are members of the household.
Now, if someone killed one of my dogs that safe might just get opened.
I have a cc high capacity license as does the Missus.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I have been staffed in Mass. for the better part of the last 9 years which meant flying there for the workweek, every week. I know the repressive self defense laws you have to deal with in Mass. and have heard and read about the ludicrous charges people face for simply defending themselves or their family. Seems you have it covered on good ole Amity :D

On a more negative note, we just talked to my daughter who lives in L.A. and was just robbed. The good news is she is ok but minus her purse with all the usual cards, and her laptop. Police said it will be 2 - 3 weeks before they can even look into it. The obvious results of defunding :evil:

Jim
sammy the blade

jim d, wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:32 pm I have been staffed in Mass. for the better part of the last 9 years which meant flying there for the workweek, every week. I know the repressive self defense laws you have to deal with in Mass. and have heard and read about the ludicrous charges people face for simply defending themselves or their family. Seems you have it covered on good ole Amity :D

On a more negative note, we just talked to my daughter who lives in L.A. and was just robbed. The good news is she is ok but minus her purse with all the usual cards, and her laptop. Police said it will be 2 - 3 weeks before they can even look into it. The obvious results of defunding :evil:

Jim
What's it all coming to?
Billyfish

Post by Billyfish »

We all know Sammy but would rather not talk about it publicly I think.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Shortly after my daughter was robbed there was a $500 charge at Footlocker on it. The fact that the charge was at Footlocker didn't surprise me, what would have surprised me was if the charge was at a bookstore. :lol:

The good news is that she won't be liable for the charge.

Jim