Oreste DiBon

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
portlandmike

Re: Oreste DiBon

Post by portlandmike »

I’ve never seen an AKC stamp on a 6” mini
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

portlandmike wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:33 am I’ve never seen an AKC stamp on a 6” mini
7 inch stiletto's were smallest AKC made with their stamp ( i think lol) , i did a run with AKC years ago of 7" kriss blade stilettos and these all had the AKC stamp (except the prototype which has no stamp) ,when i had them made they were the first repro of kriss 7" in many years, when i had them made i was told 7" kriss had not been made since 1950's.
i dont recall seening any stiletto's smaller than 7" with the AKC stamp.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I think it's time to put this subject to bed, the horse has been beaten enough lol. Asked Angelo, my question was simple and direct. His response was clear...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Well that’s pretty cool .. thanks Chris !
HLangston

Post by HLangston »

I have a bunch of Oreste's 16cm swivel bolsters that I bought from Lucio. I just assumed all my older 16cm swivel bolsters and 16cm picklocks were made by him, too.

But there were two different craftsmen making 16cm knives, I think, because there are two different patterns in existence. I call them skinny girls and chubby girls.

The skinny girls are the 16cm pattern everyone is used to, and the same that Oreste made in swivel bolster form up until his last days. All my vintage swivel bolsters are the skinny pattern, as well as 16cm picklocks marked:
B.Svoboda
B.Svoboda Ring Cutlery
Mario Mauro
B.V.&F. (made by or for Vittorio B.)
A button open/close (made by or for Indiana)

The chubby girls are 16cm in length, but have wider bodies, liners and blades, and have bolsters the same size as 18cm picklocks. My chubby girls are marked:
B.Svobody
(another) B.Svobody
Rosco
A really old unstamped picklock that has Latama traits
and a fulcrum-release with just INOX and a patent number

So I wonder who the chubby maker was. I don't think Oreste would keep two completely different sets of 16cm dies and scales, and switch between them randomly.
Herb