Bullseye!

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Bullseye!

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

Here, to follow, is another episode from mine Sainted Dad's WWII combat adventures..
There He Was, AS usual, ever diligent in the PBM-5 crown turret, on another mission of enemy supply shipping interdiction, ever attempting to be a part of the thwarting of Japanese expansion by force to war, and the continuing retribution for Pearl Harbor, which was still an open wound, and motivational factor that drove many young men from all corners of the US to find themselves in voluntary combat in some distant foreign land/sea.
Anyways, elder Mr. Corpse told me, that their PBM-5 sported a paint job scheme AS thus- the top surfaces of the plane were colored a deep sea blue, AS to blend in with the ocean AS viewed fromst above, and the underside of the plane was colored a whitish/faint blue AS to blend in with the sky AS seen from below. However, AS evidenced from mine Dad's combat record of 17 individual kills, and 19 recorded assist kills, he stated that the paint job may have been somewhat optimistic seeing AS how they were shot upon at least 36 times...
Anyways, Dad told me that on this particular mission, they spotted an enemy gunboat, larger in scale by comparison to our PT boats, towing a supply barge in the gloom of twilight. They swooped in, apparently un-seen by the enemy, and, the nose turret gunner, also the 'bombadier' , (note: this effort was accomplished by sight and experience/feel only, AS this was before any seaplanes were equipped with the Norden bombsight unit), the little rascal deployed the 250 lb. bomb by eye, and it was a bullseye, striking the enemy gunboat dead center amidship, and it's effect was to totally destroy the target, perhaps also detonating any munitions within, and resulting in it being reduced to sinking fragments, which also served to draw the supply barge under the sea, a pretty good one shot score, which was celebrated in a somber manner, AS Dad and crew also realized that they were driven by war to kill other probably youngsters who were acting upon orders given by not their own choice, but the fallacy of power machinations of others.
This episode concludes the re-telling of elder Mr. Corpse's war stories AS I can personally remember from direct storytelling, but AS WJC Dad did keep a diary/journal of which eye posess, mayhaps in the future, I will delve into the past, and share with any one if said interest is indicated...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
sammy the blade

Re: Bullseye!

Post by sammy the blade »

Count me in cause I'm interested.
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

Another very cool victory! Thanks for sharing your dad’s war stories. Encore please!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
thom

Post by thom »

Of course, love the stories. My dad also fought in the South Pacific. He was in the Army. Never told many stories. Guessing he wanted to forget.? His brother, my Uncle could tell some stories.
Thom
Charleslee

Post by Charleslee »

God Bless him!
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Legion Of Fan-

Let us take a somber moment to reflect upon today's anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack day of infamy which awoke the sleeping giant unto war.
Mine Sainted Dad joined the legions of enlistments to thwart the Japanese evil empire, giving them their just rewards of a later double mushroom clouding.
Hoist a salute to those brave protectors of our freedoms!

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

we owe them so much.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Wally

Great story from your families history ,a dofferent breed of men in those days.

My grandfathers adopted son Edward Joseph Fisher who looked after me from birth was fighting the Japanese in Hong Kong at Wong Nei Chong Gap where there was fierce hand to hand fighting.He was in the No3 Eurasian Machine gunners of the Defence Corps in Hong Kong
He lost his father ,at Port Stanley executed by the japs in the POW camp and his wife died during bombing of Hong Kong
.He is Half Chinese,father was British Mum Chinese and was taken as a prisoner in 1941 ,the japanese treated him really badly as you can imagine as a traitor to Asian values.They were given half a cup of rice every 3 days and many of his freinds died to torture and beatings at the hands of the Japs.I have sketches of the tortures endured ,and of the camp he was interred in
He spent 4 years in 2 camps Zentsuji2 and Shumsuipo and was made to clean up bodies after the Nagasaki bomb

Later when the USA had freed them he met my father who was in the Fleet Air arm coming home from the war via Australia and came back to England with him where he stayed for the rest of his life and my grandfather adopted him..I have his bamboo POW tag and medals ,letters from the camp ,rice ration cards ,prayer books ,etc .

These were brave men who gave up years of their life ,or died in honour of the countries they respected .

Thanks for your story and would love to hear more from your fathets diary ,I have a real interest in WW2.

regards
Ian
Attachments
post-4309-14196898421157_thumb.jpg
post-4309-14196898421157_thumb.jpg (43.22 KiB) Viewed 3262 times
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Mr. gravknife-

Thanks for your reply. I have posted other Elder Mr. Corpse WW!! episodes in Off Topic, titles: Tommie Guns, Timing Is the Key, Smoke Rings, Eye, Great Balls Of Fire, Surprise Ending, and Gifts From Above. All told to me first hand, and supported by records.

On a side note re: POW/internment camps, in 1978, I was working at an SF roofing company whose owner/founder was one of three documented escapees from Auschwitz. Over time, he told me tales of terror he endured in the camps AS a youthful roofer on the facility nefarious and sinister slate roof buildings.
He and his friend got away from the camp site by burrowing into a freight box car that was full of raw fiberglass type insulation, almost ending them then. After safe exit, they evaded and survived being hunted down by SS and Dobermans.
Eventually he made it out of area, out of country, and into the USA.
In recent years, he was a subject of a PBS type documentary, wherein he tells of his experiences, his name is: Hermann Shine, worth a view.
AS I learned from and of him, we became good ol' pals, and he was my mentor who taught me his take on an honorable way of life, always deliver a quality service, product, and communicate honestly, admit and rectify mistakes immediately. Worked for him, and for me when I started my own roofing company.

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Wally

Thanks for the titles of your fathers actions in ww2 ,I will certainly look forward to reading them
Great story of the escape you learned whils't roofing,a job you seemed to have lots of fun in and met interesting people as a bonus.I will look up that documentary aswell.

.I love the fact that most of these humble men have more interesting stories to tell than all of these fake 15 min. of fame T.V stars and so called elites .Proper men of fibre in a far better time,where countries were worth fighting for .

Thanks for your reply and I hope you are keeping well Sir.

Best regards

Ian
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

"..a date which will live in infamy..."

A visit to the DC WW2 memorial is breathtaking.
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Mr. Natcherly-

Whilst travelling en -route from the police state to Ft. Gordon, Georgia AS a family send off for my older brother's US government sending to scenic Vietnam, we went through the DC monument tourism monuments, an impressive somber event.
However, a much more happy WJC adventure was Dad's stopping at the nearby Aberdeen Proving Grounds, wherein there was a long road median which contained the physical examples of the history of tanks, from old through modern, and youthful exploration and climbing uponst was allowed/encouraged. Yay for WJC, only drawback being no live ammo.
On a side note, whence we were in the base's spartan guest barracks, I utilized my brought entertainment device, the "Goop" thingmaker unit, and fabricated many lifelike squishy cockroaches to share with future guests. Rumored that later reports may have implicated me AS a yute culprit. Some people are so sensitive, didja ever notice that?

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
sammy the blade

wtf is a yute culprit?
Wally J. Corpse

Greetings, Mr. sammy the blade-

What your tf is is this: The catchy phrase of 'yute' was cast forth in judicial query by the ex Herman Munster guy to My Cousin Vinny AS a linguistic term.

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
sammy the blade

I am now enlightened.