The Passing of Pete Wehs aka Tequiza

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Claudester

Re: The Passing of Pete Wehs aka Tequiza

Post by Claudester »

It's odd but for some reason I just thought I'd stop by and see what was new not ever thinking I would read this post. My heart fell when I read that Pete had past away. So sorry to hear this. I don't stop by here very often but I have fond memories of things Pete and I talked about offline. One of the funnier things was when Pete had picked up some pecans for me and shipped them to me at the school I worked at. Well, when I opened the box to my surprise was a pint of shine he had made. I don't think at the time Pete knew I didn't drink but I did make use of it. That night was parent teacher conference and I brought it into the principals office to share the gold. The principal and another teacher finished and boy were they lit up. Called Pete the next day and after telling him what had happened he laughed his ass off and could hardly breath. My condolences to his wife and family. A loss of a fine man!! God Bless
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Pete was one of the stand out members here and won't soon be forgotten by alot of us here. Hope he's having a few cold ones with Jerry.
2024 candidate for president
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Remembering FG's, pig roasts, the quality moonshine and the conversations I had with Pete. He always tried to get me down to blade in atl and some big adult Halloween party at universal studios I think. At one time his collection of switches was pretty awesome. Again RIP.

SD
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Sad news. RIP Mr. Tequiza!

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Dear Friends,

I just learned of Pete's passing a couple hours ago on Facebook! Portland Mike wrote me and said, "Hey Barb, how about a commemorative knife for the late Tequiza?" I about fell over! My memories of him were following his posts here on TB. He never did tell me what "PROSIT" meant! I am really sorry that he is gone. May he rest in peace. This is sad, sad news!! (Let me know if you guys want to do a memorial knife.) :cry: :cry:
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
omega

Post by omega »

Like Barb, I also learned of Pete's passing from Mike on Facebook. I always liked Tequeza .....ALOT!

I'll never forget the surprise gift of a pound of his smoked bacon one year. I was worried he might not continue his love of BBQ once he moved to Guam. Unlikely......right?

Pete will be missed greatly.
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

This is definitely sad news. I never got the opportunity to meet Pete in person, but I was able to talk on phone with him over the years and sample several batches of "shine" he sent me. Pete was truly one who made TalkBlade fun. My condolences to all his family, and may he rest in peace with all the other departed TalkBlade members. :cry: :cry: :cry:
sammy the blade

Maybe I should of sent that fat one legged midget back on time cause I didn't get any shine. RIP Pete.
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Pete was my friend....I will miss him :cry:

Rondog
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

This is really sad news. Pete had a way of making friends; he was easy to like. We had some things in common besides knives; I think he went to school here at Syracuse University. He had extensive knowledge of the local scene here.

As has been said in so many words, he was a mainstay here, and well liked. His passing is a loss for us all.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

tr4252 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 pm This is really sad news. Pete had a way of making friends; he was easy to like. We had some things in common besides knives; I think he went to school here at Syracuse University. He had extensive knowledge of the local scene here.

As has been said in so many words, he was a mainstay here, and well liked. His passing is a loss for us all.

Tom
He was also well traveled. He used to kid me about making the scene on Eddy Street n San Francisco. In the heart of the Tenderloin, it was (and to some extent still is) one of the most sketchy neighborhoods. it was popular with visitors, especially those going to or coming back from Viet Nam back in the day. Practically anything went there. Selecting hourly female companionship could be a challenge as some of the "ladies" were not. Cheap dive bars were plentiful. For those who have been to Singapore in that same time period, think Bugis Street. Sister Centers of Sin.... :mrgreen:
sammy the blade

Sister Centers of Sin, sounds like a good place to pick up a fat girl. Here's to ya Pete.
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Met Pete at blade some years ago. He was a very friendly guy. I'll miss him on TB. :cry:
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Pete...hope you're in the better place with jerrbear and the rest of the good guys...Miss you guys....These knife forums kind of suck without you guys.
sammy the blade

True that, but it's good to keep them in our thoughts!