Don Choura, 1/5/19 RIP

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Don Choura, 1/5/19 RIP

Post by ILikeStilettos »

It is with deepest regret that I must inform you of the passing of DonC at the age of 77.

Because it was brought to my attention that Don hadn't posted in a while, I attempted to reach him by phone. After half a dozen tries, his wife, Carolyn, finally answered and gave me the terrible news. Don has been up and down in health for a while, but being such a private person, he quietly put his affairs in order without letting anyone know, myself included.

Carolyn is planning a memorial service in Portland, Oregon around July. If anyone wishes to send condolences, please PM me your emailing address and I will let you know where to send them.

This was the one and only time I met Don in person, he drove to Seattle to pick me up, give me a ride in the Cobra, and go visit mutual friend, Danny Bailey (Mike Hansen). It's one of the great moments in my life and I will cherish it forever. Rest well, Don, you've earned it.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
sammy the blade

Re: Don Choura, 1/5/19 RIP

Post by sammy the blade »

Bummer!
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

Don was a really good guy. We exchanged many emails in the past about knives and his Cobra. RIP my friend I won’t forget you.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

This is truly sad news. I enjoyed DonC's kindness and many posts here. He shall be missed so very much. R.I.P. DonC...our friend.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

This is such sad news!!! I really liked Don a lot! My prayers are with his wife and family. Thank you Dave for giving us the news. Like Billy Joel said in his song, "Only the good die young!" :cry: :cry: :cry:
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

barshoo wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:38 pm This is such sad news!!! I really liked Don a lot! My prayers are with his wife and family. Thank you Dave for giving us the news. Like Billy Joel said in his song, "Only the good die young!" :cry: :cry: :cry:
I spoke to Mike Hansen, George Cameron and Duke Charlesworth on the phone last night after hearing. I knew it was my duty to post this, but that it would be sad news for everyone Don had encountered in life. He was just that sort of man. I shall remember him fondly.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

sad news,he was a very kind man,Don and I sent emails back and forth a few times,he liked cool cars,and cool knives,I will miss him,r.i.p. DonC.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

He contributed a lot to this forum and will be missed! At his age and driving a Cobra he was still young at heart and he is in a much better place now.
2024 candidate for president
thom

Post by thom »

Very sad news. He must have had a good life. Collecting stilettos and driving/owning a Cobra. Hard to beat. Thanks Dave for the update.
Thom
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

R.I.P. DON
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Dave

Thanks for letting us know this saddest of news . :(

Don was a true gent and he will be sadly missed here by all of us.

Rest in Peace Don my freind.

ian