10” swinguard

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
K1111

10” swinguard

Post by K1111 »

I want a good one. Come on Walt. Back to work. Aga, someone ??
JulesVane

Re: 10” swinguard

Post by JulesVane »

No wonder you haven't found one. I realize all the European inches and centimeters may not be exact, but I've never seen a swinguard called a 10" lol. 7, 8, 9, 11 and 13", yes. So, I'm sure you meant one of those sizes(?). Did Walt have swinguards made? I think everyone is drinking tonight...lol!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

I resemble that remark Chris :D
K1111

Post by K1111 »

23 cm from aga campolin coming.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

K1111 wrote:23 cm from aga campolin coming.
That would be what is called in the non-metric world a 9" knife. A 10" would be around 25 cm, 2.54 actually.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

JulesVane wrote:No wonder you haven't found one. I realize all the European inches and centimeters may not be exact, but I've never seen a swinguard called a 10" lol. 7, 8, 9, 11 and 13", yes. So, I'm sure you meant one of those sizes(?). Did Walt have swinguards made? I think everyone is drinking tonight...lol!
Renzo Pascotto, the one who first created the 13" swinger, also made a few of a larger one, an 18" as well as one even bigger, 21" as I recall.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Angelo did say they were working on new 9" swinguards. I just assumed they were the 9" AKCs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfnyq2d8c0zpf ... 5.mp4?dl=0

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

I suppose the 10'' picklocks could open up the possibility of 10'' swingers... the 10'' picks flew off the shelves like crazy and I'm sure I'm just one of dozens of people in like waiting for more to be made... if this size is so popular for picklocks, I'm sure some swingers in the same size would sell a lot of units... not everyone is in love with massive batwings or 13'' pascotto swingers costing half a grand or more. A main-line AGA (non-AKC..) swinger might not be a terrible idea.. if one is truly coming, hell I'd buy one.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I'd die for a reasonably priced 10-11 inch swinguard. Been looking for something similar for quite some time.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Just a heads-up - there's an AAPK seller who's been offering some 9" and 11" swinguards in various scale materials that he says are NOS from the '80s, marked "Stainless Italy." Are these older Frank Bs?

I've gone through several more-or-less current 11" swingers from Frank B and I've been disappointed every time. Peaking, dull finishes, hair-triggers, over-sprung, tons of blade play and floppy guards have been typical in my experience so far. Maybe I've just had a run of bad luck with them.

This nine-incher looks and feels untouched like it arrived fresh from the shop. This one has no peaking, no blade play, nicely dialed-in action and guards that sit tightly against the bolster. My only complaint is a hint of banana curve, which appears to be the norm for these based on the photos. Those who prefer a overtly powerful kickspring might find the action a little anemic, but I think it's perfect.

So, what's the catch? They're a bit pricey, but the seller is very responsive to offers. Absolutely no affiliation, etc. Just a satisfied customer.

Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The dagger blade swingers are brand new production, not 1980s.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Any idea who makes and distributes them, Bill? Aside from the seller noted above, I haven't seen them for sale.
Last edited by Corvus on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Bill DeShivs wrote:The dagger blade swingers are brand new production, not 1980s.
Aren't they made by the Campolines? Pretty sure the 11" are from Frank B's shop.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

It's interesting that this one Rick posted is not stamped AKC, as that's the only current 9" swinguards current production I was aware of. Also, stamped Stainless over Italy? Do we see many Italian pieces marked stainless? Nice horn on it.

Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Don't know who makes them. I believe www.3knives.com has them.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.