Boker Kalashnikov Damascus?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dark2023

Re: Boker Kalashnikov Damascus?

Post by dark2023 »

I thought Bladehq used bladeplay for their lower end sales?

I loved my Kalashnikov knife. Had one with a warnclif blade. I carried it for a good many years. It held up well and stayed looking good except for some pine resin that firmly stuck itself to the blade.

I eventually gave it to a kid at a gunshop. I had already chose a new EDC knife so I could stand to lose it. I had brought my 1919 in for some service and to see what the shop might offer for it if I chose to sell at some point. This kid came in with his mother and was looking at the shops selection of autos. He seemed particularly interested in the switchblades and didn't seem to care much about fixed blade knives. But the shop doesn't carry any autos under at least $150. Their cheapest is the protech dark angle otf. It was obvious that he came here often and shop owner seemed to know them, though his mother looked bored. I'm guessing she brings him in occasionally when they're nearby due to his fascination with guns and knives. He was probably like 12/13. I pulled out my boker auto and let him mess with it because the shop keeper didn't seem thrilled about letting a boy handle all his expensive blades if he wasn't going to buy one. This boy seemed so enamoured with the knife that I just asked his mom if she minded him keeping it. She had no issue. When I told him he could have it he was so happy. He tried to trade me his current pocket knife (a mini-buck style knockoff) but I didn't want it. I figure that hopefully this will help feed his interest in autos and maybe in a few years he'll be buying microtechs or something.
Long story short (too late), when I was a kid something like that would have made my day and it was worth it to see how appreciative he was. Plus it had only cost me maybe $40 new.
Moving out to the Appalachian mountains has been great. The people out here are so kind and it's encouraged me to be kinder as well.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Nice job!
Georgedbugge

Post by Georgedbugge »

Wow! That was very kind of you! What a lucky kid! :D
kugr

Post by kugr »

See, it's that kind of kindness that restores my faith in humanity!!!
If you search google for bladeplay, it takes you to grindworx. I first thought they were different company's. Ordering different knives that were on sale from each. Then I looked at the location addressess, same address, lol. I do seem to like them... I think I might start trying to collect them all... sooooo many color differences!!!
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yep, BladePlay changed their name to Grindworks last year.
https://www.grindworx.com/cat--Grindwor ... lease--625