Brand new A.G.A Campolin ring pull with poor fitting?!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mykniveSSuck82

Re: Brand new A.G.A Campolin ring pull with poor fitting?!

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Another Knife!!! This time from 3knives... ordered a 11” Frank B Swinguard imitation ivory.. everything started out ok or at least I thought then after opening it several times it seems like all the rivets started loosening up on me for some reason?? Anyone else ever had this happen? This is twilight zone crap!!! I feel like I have the worst luck with A.G.A, AKC and now Frank B! :( I am so discouraged guys.... man this sucks! I’ll have to post some pictures in a bit guys I forgot I don’t have anything uploaded at the moment. Also if that isn’t bad enough the thing came with a weird little crack on the scale off to the side where the slideing safety is! And now for the grand finale, I saved the worst for last when firing the knife the lock kinda sticks and doesn’t engage all the way so I have to manually push it in with my thumb to make it lock up all the way in the open position.. lol! God this sucks! I’m probably the only one that has ever had this happen. I have to give up on these knives and it braking my heart! Seriously! I really love these Italian knives so much but I just can’t do this anymore! I see all these awesome pictures of these A.G.A and Frank Beltrame Knives and I just feel sick. No matter how much money I spend I can never own something nice from ether one of these crafters.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I certainly feel your pain. There's nothing like the anticipation of your new piece arrival only to be disappointed upon opening it up. I say this with experience I'm sure many of us can relate to. Possibly the lockup can break in with a little WD40 and good oil, but loosening pins and cracked scales? Just a pure shame.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

Contact Angelo send him an email and photos and see what he can do for you. Perhaps Angelo can have someone repair of the knife for you or return it. You got nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

Bill DeShivs wrote:I believe the blades are installed in the US.
He's ships them fully assembled from Austria and has for about 3 or 4 years now as far as I know . I did a repair yesterday on a Sahara even though I turned down the offer to do warranty work on his modern production knives it was sent here anyway . I really didn't want to do this kind of work on these modern knives it just gets to be to much . I'm still doing some work on Renzo knives for another dealer in Alabama though .
Attachments
100_1964.JPG
100_1964.JPG (452.14 KiB) Viewed 3362 times
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Holy crap ... that’s a lot of nice bottle openers.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I'm taking a wild guess, but I think the blades are sent separately lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

no just a lot of people who cant open there bottle of beer fast enough just kidding the blades usually arrive a week before the handle's do .
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

I guess I should have waited a little longer ?
Attachments
DA6EDC8F-2A6B-4BFF-BA50-DEE5A6D098E2.jpeg
DA6EDC8F-2A6B-4BFF-BA50-DEE5A6D098E2.jpeg (110.72 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Perhaps they call it 3knives because you've gotta buy 3 of something to get a good example? :lol:

Jokes aside, I'm so sorry this has happened... Angelo is a stand-up guy though and my gut feeling is that he will make things right. If it helps any, supposedly his wife and a family friend handle the 3knives orders and stuff, while he personally manages the brick and mortar shop in Austria... so if you complain to him about it, it's really not personal since he's not even the one shipping... supposedly :roll:

Anyways, keep us posted on how things pan out and pictures always help matters!

Luke
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

mykniveSSuck82 wrote:Really? Man I swear! The knife looked so cool I was just so disappointed when I got it. I've just now cooled off enough to talk about it. The store I bought it from will remain nameless but he has a "Cheap crap warning" and doesn't do returns and the guy is kinda hard to deal with.. ring any bells?... Anyways yeah no way I could get a refund or a replacement. kinda stuck with the thing now so I got to try and repair it myself I guess. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had problems with aga besides me... I kinda figured it was a retail issue and not a.g.a but still I could be wrong. That's cool that yours is nice. bet it's a bad ass little knife! The design is so cool! I want to take a chance and buy another but this was my second bad experience with the a.g.a company.
Hi there, sorry about your aga. I have two 15 ring pulls and everything is good except the blade on one of them are full of swirling and lots of scratches all over.
Last edited by picklocksrock on Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tough times never last, but tough people do”
-Robert H. Shuller
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

mykniveSSuck82 wrote:
Peteymcsweety wrote:How much did you pay...if you dont mind me asking...
It was over 100$ I think it was like $115 after shipping and tax... getting ripped off sucks man! I was so excited about getting this knife but when I went to push that shiny new little button devastation when it popped open and I turned it on it’s side “something didn’t sound right when it opened” when I turned it on it’s side to look at it more closely all I saw was that crooked ass loose blade.... hanging there like a loose tooth! I wanted to cry
Never buy from a dedicated knife company that won’t do Refunds thats improper business ethics because the customer is always right. His reputation has already caught up with him. Any company with no return policy is an automatic red flag. Of course he’s ripping people off. But his reputation has hurt him as of late I’ve noticed knives the guy is trying to pawn off on us have been collecting dust for years now. Everyone knows about it now.
-Robert H. Shuller
picklocksrock

Post by picklocksrock »

mykniveSSuck82 wrote:Another Knife!!! This time from 3knives... ordered a 11” Frank B Swinguard imitation ivory.. everything started out ok or at least I thought then after opening it several times it seems like all the rivets started loosening up on me for some reason?? Anyone else ever had this happen? This is twilight zone crap!!! I feel like I have the worst luck with A.G.A, AKC and now Frank B! :( I am so discouraged guys.... man this sucks! I’ll have to post some pictures in a bit guys I forgot I don’t have anything uploaded at the moment. Also if that isn’t bad enough the thing came with a weird little crack on the scale off to the side where the slideing safety is! And now for the grand finale, I saved the worst for last when firing the knife the lock kinda sticks and doesn’t engage all the way so I have to manually push it in with my thumb to make it lock up all the way in the open position.. lol! God this sucks! I’m probably the only one that has ever had this happen. I have to give up on these knives and it braking my heart! Seriously! I really love these Italian knives so much but I just can’t do this anymore! I see all these awesome pictures of these A.G.A and Frank Beltrame Knives and I just feel sick. No matter how much money I spend I can never own something nice from ether one of these crafters.
Keep on the look out be patient and have knife money set aside and ready for when those email alerts tell you that something real sweet just came in. As far as Frank Beltrame picklocks yes they actually are very rare knives as the production on the picklocks are very limited. In all my years of collecting switch blades man I’ve only ever seen a couple Frank B picklocks. If you do find one be prepared to spend around 250.00 I own two but that was out of pure luck! I was in the right place at the right time. Keep searching and careful what company you buy from that uses shady business practices. No returns on switchblade knives is like a freaking curse. Find a Frank b picklock and I guarantee it will be one of the nicest knives you ever held in your hands. They scream quality at its highest. That’s why you don’t see them for sale because no one wants to sell something they will probably never see again for the rest of their lives.
-Robert H. Shuller
Rogers

Post by Rogers »

I wish I could say the same. My FB centennial model had a slightly crooked main spring and The polishing was not up to par. Had some what good luck with AGA though.
Rogers

Post by Rogers »

Just bought an AGA 11” picklock and it is near perfect. Man I held my breath but I lucked out.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Rogers wrote:Just bought an AGA 11” picklock and it is near perfect. Man I held my breath but I lucked out.
Welcome to talkblade!
2024 candidate for president