Condor Knife & Tool CTK 4057C14.4

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Condor Knife & Tool CTK 4057C14.4

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Again, this full-tang Tomahawk should serve me well. (I know that most folks on this site will have little use for a tomahawk, but I think that it will serve me rather well).

It isn't a true hatchet, but the 1075 steel will hold a good edge and is tough enough to take a beating without rolling the edge. The point on the back of the head is tough enough to penetrate a car door, automobile windshield, and the occasional skull that requires that "deep penetration" to terminate a hostile attack. The handle is 16 inches long and weighs 24.4 ounces. The 550 Paracord-wrapping on the tang provides good purchase when it is either wet or dry. There's additional paracord provided so that you can use part of it as a wrist tether.

With an eight-inch long head with a four-inch-long blade, it has a longer "beard" than most of the other 'hawks on the market without looking like a Viking Axe. It isn't "restricted" to combat duties, and If I slightly re-profile the blade I can use it for camp chores. (I knew you were wondering if this is just a "one trick pony"). It isn't optimal for camp duties, but it should perform work reasonably well. The sheath seems very well made. It is made of leather and has a nice swiveling belt loop that will make accessing the 'hawk much easier than others I've seen. I have watched a few reviews on YouTube and believe that I made a well-thought-out purchase.

I'll let you know when the 'hawk arrives.
Fishtail Picklock
TRYKER

Re: Condor Knife & Tool CTK 4057C14.4

Post by TRYKER »

i have several tomahawks. not the new kind there hand forged that i use for throwing compitition.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Fishtail Picklock

Thanks, TRYKER. I think you know what I'm seeking in a tomahawk. This will be used primarily when I want to defend my place/person without using a handgun/shotgun. I want to swing it (spike first) at an intruder's skull, or blade first to lop off/remove an arm. You know this is the original purpose of the weapon.
Fishtail Picklock
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:Thanks, TRYKER. I think you know what I'm seeking in a tomahawk. This will be used primarily when I want to defend my place/person without using a handgun/shotgun. I want to swing it (spike first) at an intruder's skull, or blade first to lop off/remove an arm. You know this is the original purpose of the weapon.
We must think alike ... I have lots of guns but the war hammer pictured below is what sits next to my bed.
Attachments
2E6920DD-93BB-4C71-A72E-D6EBF3AA4B15.jpeg
2E6920DD-93BB-4C71-A72E-D6EBF3AA4B15.jpeg (69.65 KiB) Viewed 10327 times
Fishtail Picklock

I like it! It certainly will "bring things to a close" without alarming the neighbors. ;)

That "War hammer" is an excellent idea. It works for me!
Fishtail Picklock
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Then there is this....
111-1111_IMG_MOD.JPG
111-1111_IMG_MOD.JPG (56.75 KiB) Viewed 10298 times
Mr. Corpse gifted me this when I visited his abode some years back. Not as flexible, usewise, as these war hammers / tomahawks / hatchets, etc., but the mere sight of this will either intimidate the intruder into panicky flight or set him to rolling on the floor emitting peals of laughter thus making him easy fodder for other defensive options...
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

:lol: I wouldn't knock twice :lol:
Fishtail Picklock

I am dead serious about the tomahawk. Mine should take a beating... my opponent may not.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

My tomahawk may arrive tomorrow. With any luck, I'll give you a quick "unboxing" critique/review.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Sweet Jesus, Mary, Joseph, and the Shepherds, this thing is a beast! The 1075 High Carbon Steel has a "cleaving sharp" edge and can readily lop off an arm in less than two shakes of a lamb's tail. The spike is a nasty affair that can prick a finger if handled carelessly.

After a few quick swings, I realized that I could quickly change the direction of the head in mid-stroke. This makes this tomahawk more deadly than the heavier blades on others. The long "beard" is useful for hooking the jugular vein of my opponent's neck, causing profuse bleeding and rapid loss of consciousness. After the opponent is "down" a coup-de-grace with the spike will permanently "terminate" the threat. (Why fight if you don't intend to survive)?

This 'hawk is more than worth the price paid. It is a nasty blade that can breach a door as well as kill a goblin.

I'm in love.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

You must have some Indian in your blood.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

sammy the blade wrote:You must have some Indian in your blood.
I have a bit more Indian in my blood than Elizabeth Warren. :P :shock: :mrgreen:

I have been watching some martial arts demonstrations on how to use the tomahawk to good effect. I truly believe that some of my fellow Armed Service members in Vietnam used the same tactics to silence NVA guards as well as VC sentries. The objective is to kill, rather than wound. :!: :twisted:

Even at my age, I want to live it in peace and freedom. I will not let some lowlife druggie steal it from me. When it comes to death, it is better he, than me. With the dopers and man-children running around looking like "unmade beds" I'm not taking any chances.
Fishtail Picklock
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

I ran to Google search but got lots of variations. could you post a picture of yours?
Fishtail Picklock

If you go to Amazon an look up the number that is in the thread title you can see the Tomahawk Axe. Right now they're running about 62.00.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

I took my Tomahawk to the Spyderco Tri-Angle "Sharpmaker". I first took it to the "medium" rods, then to the "fine" rods. I accidentally cut my thumb on the bit. I have gotten this thing "shaving sharp". I'd be willing to bet that I could remove an ear with a glancing blow, or an arm with a "full force" lateral swing.

I highly recommend this Tomahawk as a simple, yet swift and certain "killing device". :twisted:
Fishtail Picklock