Mauro Marios from the Gator Show

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Luke_of_Mass

Mauro Marios from the Gator Show

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Finally got them back in the mail... of course I was only apart from them for 72 hours but I say "Finally" because it felt like forever...

It was a great show but a little smaller than I thought, in any case the amount of autos here especially vintage ones made the distance worth it for me, but, since you can easily pick through this entire room in about 4-5 hours tops, I think next time around I'll fly in for early Saturday rather than Friday since there's not a whole lot else to do in the area that I could find.

The length of the show, juxtaposed with my shallow pockets made it necessary to really take my time; I had no business making impulses purchases. I found myself returning to the same tables every few hours, leaving the show, returning, and repeating. By day three a good 20% of the folks had packed up and headed home (I never understood why people would do this... if you pay for all three days, just sit it out). Gazing at some Latamas in the case of a table that had been perpetually unmanned by its mingling keeper, I was approached by a fellow named Wayne (the guy with that super impressive flatguard collection) and was told that his brother was really letting stuff go today, and that I really ought to talk to him... So I did! And boy did he hook me up...

So here's what I came away with! I planned on coming down here, and coming away with 1 really nice knife, but ended up with two for the same money I planned on spending! What a treat!

One Bayonet-blade Mauro Mario stamp (5.5''), and a Kriss M.Inox stamp, both hard-snappers (even the little one), D-stamped straight and tight all around with perfect blades! Some damn fine scales, too! Hard to believe no restoration work has been done on these, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if there has considering how clean the channels are... As my first Marios, and considering their condition and the distance I traveled to get them, these will likely never leave my collection.

Well, I'd say this show was a success, hope anyone else on the forums here who went got a great haul too. I will try and be back for next year! Also learned from Angelo Campolin (hell of a nice guy, cool to see he was in attendance) that there's another similarly vintage switchblade-oriented show in Tulsa that I was unaware of. Perhaps I'll make it to that one some day. Hell if I went from MA to FL, I guess that means I've got no reason not to go anywhere that's closer :wink: :lol:
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
portlandmike

Re: Mauro Marios from the Gator Show

Post by portlandmike »

both are gorgeous Luke and I'm green with envy... Great additions and I wouldn't ever part with them either... Thanks for sharing and hope your foot surgery goes well...

Mike
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Looks like you did really good!
2024 candidate for president
thom

Post by thom »

Luke, Great finds. I recently bought a M.Italy like yours but with stag handles. Mine is 13". What is yours? I will post pics of it soon. The one I have, like yours looks like it was made yesterday.
If you don't mind, what did you pay for the M.Italy. If you don't want everyone to know you could PM me. I am not sure if I got a really good buy on mine. Never seen another in that good of condition. What do you think the value is?
Thom
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Great pieces you got Luke! Would have made the trip worthwhile to me as well! Congrats!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

8) Wow

What a really great pair of knives Luke.

When you get them in that condition old knives cant be beat imho
Congratulations on your find and glad you enjoyed the trip and it was definitely worth it.

Hope your well

gravknife
sprink

Post by sprink »

Great score , the M Italy is one of my favorite stamps, I think I would have done the same thing as far as wandering around and visiting same vendors often , decisions are hard , did you meet any other forum members while there , i hope to get there one of these years.
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Jaw-dropping knives - they look immaculate. Congrats!
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

Luke,I am glad that you had a good time,I lost count how many texts that went back and forth from you and I on Saturday,while you where at the show.
boblees812

Post by boblees812 »

Hi. Luke. This is Wayne from the gator club show the guy with the FG collection .It was nice meeting you at the show & happy to hooked you up with my brother on those two beautiful knifes you got. Nice that you make it to the show. Hope to see you there next year .. Regards
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

boblees812 wrote:Hi. Luke. This is Wayne from the gator club show the guy with the FG collection .It was nice meeting you at the show & happy to hooked you up with my brother on those two beautiful knifes you got. Nice that you make it to the show. Hope to see you there next year .. Regards
Had a hell of a time meeting and talking with you and your bro (and everyone else down there for that matter)!

Thanks for all the kind comments guys :)
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

rock-n-roll$$$$$$ wrote:Luke,I am glad that you had a good time,I lost count how many texts that went back and forth from you and I on Saturday,while you where at the show.
Thanks for all the advice throughout, and belated happy birthday .. bees still alive despite the deep-freeze .. I'll send along some light spring honey as soon as we get some... havent forgotten that stones bootleg either... :wink:
kugr

Post by kugr »

Those are gorgeous.... I think I might put next years show on the books...
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

Wow I wish we had the kind of shows you guys have, real beauties
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Lucentcrow wrote:Wow I wish we had the kind of shows you guys have, real beauties
It's my understanding that Luke actually took to air travel to attend this show. Now, THAT'S what I call a dedicated collector! Earned every bit of these 2 beauties!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)