Looking for information on this edgeco knife

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Dusty205

Looking for information on this edgeco knife

Post by Dusty205 »

I'm trying to get information on this edgeco knife for a friend. He said he thought he got this knife in the early seventies and that it said edgeco on one side and Italy on the other. He was wanting to know what model it was and what the value of the knife is. Thanks for the help
Attachments
20190211_131848.jpg
20190211_131848.jpg (289.68 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Looking for information on this edgeco knife

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Edge Co. didn't exist until the 1980s. The knife was shipped without a spring. A spring was installed after importation. The rear handle pin holds the spring in place.
I wouldn't expect the value to be more than $40-$50.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Dusty205

Post by Dusty205 »

Thanks Bill deshivs
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Those were imported circa 1984-1990 and I remember them well. They were advertised in gun magazines and also Playboy. I ordered one in 1984 and it took more than a year to get it and it was a NATO Military OTF, not the stiletto that I ordered. They finally got a large supply and I ordered two of the stilettos. The blades and handles were shipped separately. Switchblades were harder to find in the 1980s, so I'm sure the owner made a lot of money until the feds shut down import of switchblade parts. I agree with Bill on the value and they are worth now about what they cost in the 1980s probably because the market is flooded with Italian switchblades compared to the situation 30 years ago.
NieceofBkcharles

Post by NieceofBkcharles »

This looks a lot like the knife I assembled from an edgeco knife kit. I don't remember the kit number off the top of my head.