Rizutto repair experts, looking for some knowledge...

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JimBrown257

Re: Rizutto repair experts, looking for some knowledge...

Post by JimBrown257 »

What is going on with this one? Did you make an progress?
kugr

Post by kugr »

Slowly... you know all those mistakes you make when restoring your first knife. Mis-cutting and mis-shaping rockers, cutting your scales to the same size as the shrunken stock ones... twice. Then realizing you should cut them oversized. Googling and watching how to videos on how to solder correctly... at least this part I picked up pretty fast. Might be the welding skills in my past. I work a little on it everyday, don't want to get frustrated and give up on it.
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Did you see what I said about the sear hole? That is the thing you want to get fixed first in case you need to make a bigger sear.
kugr

Post by kugr »

Oh yes, all of that happened before you told me about getting the sear hole right. Not the soldering part... got excited about learning that trick.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Did you get the SS soldering figured out yet?
kugr

Post by kugr »

I found what works for me, not sure if its "the right way". I attached the bottom bolster on each liner. After they cooled, I tried lifting them off.... didn't budge... I felt it was secure enough for something that will be on display and not used.
button_man

Post by button_man »

I have almost exactly the same collection of parts! (identical size Rizzuto) My blade is in much better shape, though.... no corrosion or other issues; looks just about brand new. My button assembly and safety assembly are missing from the rocker, just like yours. Most importantly, my kickspring is still intact and firmly inserted into the backspring. I have no current means of taking photos of the thing; but will try to post some in about two weeks, if this will help you at all. (I bought the collection of parts simply because I couldn't pass it up for ten bucks.... what did you pay for yours?)
kugr

Post by kugr »

button_man wrote:I have almost exactly the same collection of parts! (identical size Rizzuto) My blade is in much better shape, though.... no corrosion or other issues; looks just about brand new. My button assembly and safety assembly are missing from the rocker, just like yours. Most importantly, my kickspring is still intact and firmly inserted into the backspring. I have no current means of taking photos of the thing; but will try to post some in about two weeks, if this will help you at all. (I bought the collection of parts simply because I couldn't pass it up for ten bucks.... what did you pay for yours?)
It was in a lot of 26 knives on ebay, I payed 100.00 for the lot.