PVK knife & tool

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
portlandmike

PVK knife & tool

Post by portlandmike »

anybody ever go to PVK in las vegas? Heading down there soon and wondered if it would be worth stopping by... Do they have a big inventory compared to what's online? Will they let you walk out with an automatic knife or do they ship it to you? I thought nevada/vegas had some pretty strict knife laws...

Thanks, Mike
sammy the blade

Re: PVK knife & tool

Post by sammy the blade »

You might try a call or email to them. Knife laws are changing all over the country and they may now be legal there now, good luck!
2024 candidate for president
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I don't know how you are getting there but if flying, there is risk in getting the switchblade home. Obviously you wouldn't carry it on, and there were stories on the forums of switchblades getting stolen from checked luggage. If TSA finds a switchblade they can simply steal it. What is your recourse? It reminds me of a dumb criminal case I read about some years ago where someone went to the police to report that her roommate stole her heroin :shock:

Jim
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

stories on the forums of switchblades getting stolen from checked luggage.
When I was in my early 20s, I briefly had a job at an airport where I would take lost/delayed luggage to its owner. There was another guy who worked there and a few times I noticed when he lifted up a bag, he'd give it a quick shake. After I saw him do it a few times I asked him what he was doing. He told me he was listening for the rattle of pill bottles.

Keep any important stuff in your carry on or mail it back to yourself. I think airports are one of those places that don't check criminal records when hiring.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

From what I understand, PVK is actually a tiny store.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Thanks for the input... not headed down till April but will let you know what I find ... and will definitely be mailing it back if I do buy something.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I have heard glowing reports about their inventory. I know they have a lot of Microtechs.
Peteymcsweety

Post by Peteymcsweety »

They have a pretty good selection and yes you can walk out with an auto they will also ship it home for you which is probaly best way good luck happy haunting
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

I have ordered from them multiple times and if I ever visit Vegas, I will check out their store. I would much rather spend money on knives than gambling!
kugr

Post by kugr »

Panzerfaust wrote:I have ordered from them multiple times and if I ever visit Vegas, I will check out their store. I would much rather spend money on knives than gambling!
Me too, except the ordering part, only once... so far... haha
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Panzerfaust wrote: I would much rather spend money on knives than gambling!
...I have proven I can do both at the same time. I spend my money on vintage switchblades and gamble that I know what I'm doing. lol

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

JulesVane wrote:
Panzerfaust wrote: I would much rather spend money on knives than gambling!
...I have proven I can do both at the same time. I spend my money on vintage switchblades and gamble that I know what I'm doing. lol
Ditto ... in spades

Mike
omega

Post by omega »

portlandmike wrote:anybody ever go to PVK in las vegas? Heading down there soon and wondered if it would be worth stopping by... Do they have a big inventory compared to what's online? Will they let you walk out with an automatic knife or do they ship it to you? I thought nevada/vegas had some pretty strict knife laws...

Thanks, Mike
Hey Mike!

PVK Vegas is Josh Burbank's creation. They were originally located in the Northeastern USA. Josh was the owner/operator of the now-defunct BladeAuction.com - a once-great auction site that Josh allowed to deteriorate before it finally collapsed in 2005 or so. Josh left many buyers and sellers hanging in the wind with auction transactions they couldn't complete. I was a seller there and was left sitting on thousands of dollars of inventory I had no other way to move. Many others had similar stories.

More recently, I had bought and paid for a blade that the site said was in stock. After 60 days or so, I had to kill the purchase and dispute PVK's charge to my plastic, as Josh didn't ship the knife or respond to my emails.

Web reviews seem to suggest that their customer service ranges from non-existent to superior. Your mileage may vary. 8)