Greetings from the Heartland

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tempus Fugit

Greetings from the Heartland

Post by Tempus Fugit »

Hello all! New member here. Not that exciting of a backstory. As a youth I always carried a knife and knew its utility. Being the now middle-aged son of a tool and die maker I appreciate things that are handcrafted and well-made. Back in the 90s I had toyed with the idea of buying a mikov kit but they were not permitted at that time in my state and I decided to drop it for other pursuits. I recently found out that automatic knives are now kosher and I have been spending a lot of time reading , particularly these forums. The beginning of last month I dipped my toe into the automatic realm in ordered and 11" AGA Classic picklock from Austria. It is fascinating in its form and construction and, somehow, I found myself placing an order for a Pascotto Frosolone and a Leverletto. Just couldn't let that 10% discount go to waste could I? They are en route and the anticipation is bittersweet. Thank you all for your patience of my ignorance in the days to come. I appreciate having a place to learn this new hobby. Good New Year to you all!
Last edited by Tempus Fugit on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
sammy the blade

Re: Greetings from the Heartland

Post by sammy the blade »

Welcome to talk blade! You've got the bug now!
2024 candidate for president
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

You have a fever, and the only prescription is....more switchblades!

Lots of great info and pictures here to whet you appetite further.

Welcome aboard.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Welcome from Guam.
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Tempus Fugit

Post by Tempus Fugit »

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

''WELCOME FROM MASS''
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
kugr

Post by kugr »

Newbie to newbie... Welcome, when that bug bites... it freaking bites you hard... ordered 2 renzo's yesterday...
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
Tempus Fugit

Post by Tempus Fugit »

kugr wrote:Newbie to newbie... Welcome, when that bug bites... it freaking bites you hard... ordered 2 renzo's yesterday...
Brother, you aren't kidding