*NEW* Choose New Knife For Rick Giroux's

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

*NEW* Choose New Knife For Rick Giroux's

Post by barshoo »

AGA Campolin is sending 15 - Sicilian's, 10 - Diana Leverlock's, and 5 - Piccolo's.

Angelo will do the laser engraving. He will put horizontally Rick/RMG 2018 on the blade, and AGA on front tang, and serial number (1 of 30, 2 of 30, 3 of 30...) on back tang.

See sign-up post in the "Off Topic" section
Last edited by barshoo on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
portlandmike

Re: *NEW* Choose New Knife For Rick Giroux's

Post by portlandmike »

I'm new to posting here but after investing many, many hours reading IMITATION HORN I would feel honored to add a Sicilian to my collection. Please put me down for one.

Edit: no ring

Mike
Last edited by portlandmike on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peteymcsweety

Post by Peteymcsweety »

I want the 9" Sicilian without the ring...so I'll take 1
john

Post by john »

Hi Barb,
I could not believe The Beltrames would not do that for Rick, but I wasn’t surprised. Rick sold, nearly exclusively, FB’s knives for as long as I can recall.
I’m excited that Angelo will do this for Rick. I’ll take a Sicilian picklock because I’m Sicilian.
Barb, thank you so much for all your hard work.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i'd like the ''DIANA''
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
john

Post by john »

FYI
I have a Diana and it’s very nice knife. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23970&hilit=Diana
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

These are pictures of the AGA Campolins we are going with. Both will be Dark Horn, and NS bolsters*:

The 8.5 inch "Diana" Leverlock (pictured with Cocobolo scales)

And the 9" Sicilian (No ring pull, shown in Dark Horn, NS bolsters)

*I am not sure if the "Diana" Leverlock will have NS bolsters...I will find out. I am waiting for pricing.

I am writing down your choices, so consider this a "Sign-up" for now. Thank you for your choices! Please bear with me on getting the information :D

Oh, who has a good relationship with Bill DeShivs? One of you mentioned him as a possible engraver for this project! He does not like me, I am pretty sure. But I will ask him anyway, and see if he will engrave our knives for us. (I would like it to say on the blade, "Rick RMG - 2018")
omega

Post by omega »

Greetings Ms Barshoo!

I was on the fence, in that I wasn't a fan of either style, but the 9" Sicilian has grown on me, particularly one with RMG stamped on the rear tang,
if that's still in the plan. First choice would be NO ring-pull (which would actually make it a pick lock), but since the rings on these knives are on the smaller side, I'll go with whatever the rest of the crew decides if it will simplify the order. If you end up going with the 11" version, that's equally fine by me. I'm guessing that the 11" might have better availability than the 9" version.

Just let me know a price when you get it nailed down and I'll swipe some money from the Boss's purse and send it your way via that un-named e-money company's Distant-Acquaintances and Asshole Relatives

As to Bill DeShivs not liking you, I wouldn't give it another thought. Mickey (aka Bill) hates everyone equally, especially pain-in-the-ass knife collectors like us. :) :) :)
Jrarbogast

Post by Jrarbogast »

I dont have experience with either as I have never owned one of those types but I would go for Sicilian.
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Jrarbogast wrote:I dont have experience with either as I have never owned one of those types but I would go for Sicilian.
AGA Campolin (who is the maker of these two knives) makes as good as, or better quality knife as Frank B. Would you like to reserve a Sicilian 9"?
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

omega wrote:Greetings Ms Barshoo!

I was on the fence, in that I wasn't a fan of either style, but the 9" Sicilian has grown on me, particularly one with RMG stamped on the rear tang,
if that's still in the plan. First choice would be NO ring-pull (which would actually make it a pick lock), but since the rings on these knives are on the smaller side, I'll go with whatever the rest of the crew decides if it will simplify the order. If you end up going with the 11" version, that's equally fine by me. I'm guessing that the 11" might have better availability than the 9" version.

Just let me know a price when you get it nailed down and I'll swipe some money from the Boss's purse and send it your way via that un-named e-money company's Distant-Acquaintances and Asshole Relatives

As to Bill DeShivs not liking you, I wouldn't give it another thought. Mickey (aka Bill) hates everyone equally, especially pain-in-the-ass knife collectors like us. :) :) :)
Hi Chris,

No-can-do on the tang stamp. Without the ring-pull is fine...that is what everybody else wants. What does the underlined sentence mean??? Are you referring to PayPal?
sprink

Post by sprink »

Hi Barb , i signed up on off topic ,
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

sprink wrote:Hi Barb , i signed up on off topic ,
Thank you, Sprink! I will let everyone know when I have more information. :D
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

I also signed up on off-topic; non-ring Sicilian all the way! Angelo should be able to do this etch... it's simple enough might cost 10 dollars more per knife but whatever.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
omega

Post by omega »

barshoo wrote: No-can-do on the tang stamp. Without the ring-pull is fine...that is what everybody else wants. What does the underlined sentence mean??? Are you referring to PayPal?
Hi Barb!

I'm confused. We're talking about a commemorative piece honoring Rick Giroux. If there is to be no marking of the blade, such as "RMG," stamped, etched or engraved somewhere, what will separate this piece from a non-commemorative knife that we might already own? I note that the back tang of Campolin's standard 9" Sicilian is blank and has ample space that could be stamped in some way (see video link below).

The underlined sentence you asked about refers to Pay-Satan. I was trying to avoid use of their name, as they do not support money transfers in connection with the sale or purchase of automatic knives. That's all. We've got ample time for me to send you cash or a money order once the final price is determined. I don't have a preference - whatever works best at your end is fine here.

So if the piece is to be a 9" non-ring pull Sicilian, it will be a pick-lock as seen in the following video, correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joZESrvEvNw

BTW, I'm flexible on the scales. Dark horn or even Brazilian horn is fine. Just as long as its not that green-looking stuff I can't stand, LOL. :D