Commemorative Switch to Honor Rick Giroux

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
barshoo

Re: Commemorative Switch to Honor Rick Giroux

Post by barshoo »

omega wrote:Hmmmm. Times have changed. Are they refusing small runs on just custom pieces, or is
it all small orders of their usual offerings as well?

I would speak with Angelo at AGA Campolin. Perhaps they will be more accomodating.
She said it was small orders, PERIOD!! And she was PISSED that (probably as a woman) I would even ASK!! You should have seen her Facebook messages to me...it was message, after message, after message of ALL CAPS, and she was upset that I wrote on her page to begin with!! I got all this angry, all-caps, tirade from her...one long pissed off message after another...after MY writing email, after email, after email, after email...with no answer! She was out from having breast surgery, she said in her broken English.

I wrote a long post to all of you guys, explaining what she said, and how I felt about their not doing limited runs, and I lost ALL of it.

I'm not pissed off, just stunned over how it went! My collection is FULL of Frank B Limited editions, and if I am to BELIEVE her, they are no longer doing small runs. I don't consider 36 knives that I asked HER for is a small order! I doubt that I will ever buy a Frank B NEW knife again!! I was trying to conduct business at 4:00AM this morning...two mornings in a row...so I am sleep-deprived AND discouraged!

I will go read your post on the sign-up thread now...THANK you Chris!
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
omega

Post by omega »

You're welcome Barb. I'm sorry that Sara was not more accomodating. But thank you for your efforts just the same.

It does appear that Frank's firm is no longer part of the "Cottage Industry" that we have all come to know and love.

Chris/Omega
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I am sorry for MY part in their future demise, but you guys were entitled to hear WHY we couldn't have our commemorative knives the way we wanted. I'm sure that they will go on selling to WHOEVER wants mass-produced, boring, and mediocre knives!

It will be interesting to see if I get any answers to the many emails and queries that I made! The more that I cool down, and knowing myself, I'm going to probably regret all my posts. I trust you guys to think for yourselves about whose knives that you want to own.

I am already starting to feel sorry, though. I am sorry that I am weak to go on with this effort!! :cry:
sprink

Post by sprink »

Thanks for your efforts Barb , it was a good thought. I am surprised that they would not cooperate in some manner considering how many FB knives Rick sold over the years , Loyalty is out the window .
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

BARB, sorry for the trouble you went thru. maybe contact her again and apoligize and tell her you'll go with the campolians.

lol
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

Thank you Trykker!! Comic relief is always welcome.

I'm busy trying to think of what to call her...UH, I mean TELL her...LOL!! :lol: :lol: