NEW White Rizzuto Estileto Milano!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mykniveSSuck82

NEW White Rizzuto Estileto Milano!

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

For the last couple of months I’ve been trying really hard to find a white Rizzuto and I really wasn’t having the best of luck finding one. I got a message from JimBrown and he just so happened to have an extra one.... a really nice white one from his collection that he offered to sell me. So yes! Finally I got myself a white Rizzy to add to my slow growing little Rizzuto collection! Thank you JimBrown257! Here it is.

DonC

Re: NEW White Rizzuto Estileto Milano!

Post by DonC »

The start of a good looking set. Nice.
DonC
john

Post by john »

8) Wicked cool trio. 8)
Was the white one restored by Jeremy aka Jim Brown?
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

What a great old piece of Bell of Korea cutlery! (Talk about memories from the 1960's-1970's). Thank Jeremy for us all.
Fishtail Picklock
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Those are Japanese Rizzutos, not Korean.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

john wrote:8) Wicked cool trio. 8)
Was the white one restored by Jeremy aka Jim Brown?
John
It wasn’t a restoration that I know of.. he might have done some work on it at some point while it was in his possession. He sent me a picture of several different styles and sizes of rizzutos he had for sale and right in the middle I saw this one and I knew I had to have it!
It was so nice of him to let it go to me. It’s in pretty good shape so I imagine he must have a couple more examples that are in even better shape then this one. But still it is as nice as any of my other ones... if not better then my other Rizzutos, I am just so pleased with everything he has done for me. JimBrown257/Jeremy, thank you! Really cool of you to sell this one to me! 8) I promise it has a good home with me.
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:What a great old piece of Bell of Korea cutlery! (Talk about memories from the 1960's-1970's). Thank Jeremy for us all.
This one isn’t a bell brand Rizzuto clone from Korea. It’s a little older then those models. I am pretty sure the bell brand rizzies are from the 80’s and I don’t think they came in white but I may be wrong...
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Nice knife!! It is ( as Bill stated) an Japan made one from the 60s to 70s.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

mykniveSSuck82 wrote: I am pretty sure the bell brand rizzies are from the 80’s and I don’t think they came in white but I may be wrong...
I've only seen Bells with black (mostly the bumpy texture but many are smooth) and a very, very few with red.
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

JimBrown257 wrote:
mykniveSSuck82 wrote: I am pretty sure the bell brand rizzies are from the 80’s and I don’t think they came in white but I may be wrong...
I've only seen Bells with black (mostly the bumpy texture but many are smooth) and a very, very few with red.
There you are Jeremy! I was waiting for you to come and talk some smack about me lol. Thanks again for the knife.
They had a red clone? No way! I’ll have to keep my open for one. Look at this thing not sure if it’s a real red clone or what! Some one owns this thing out there somewhere. Looks to be spray painted to me.. what do you think?

mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Also I thought Rizzuto Clones were made by the STAR brand am I missing something is STAR made by BELL?
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Lol, that is the rare red Bell Rizzuto. It's the single most flimsy version of Rizzuto. Most of the red Bell ones are the Ice-scrapper model. I have only ever seen one or two of those red swinger Bells.

And I'm not sure about the Star-Springer thing. It is either another company, a different name for the Bell company or it could have been what they were calling their knives. The ones that came in those Star-Spring boxes were the super flimsy ones. The ones that have the "Korea" stamp were still flimsy but notably better than the Star ones.

mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

What!!?? Wow that box is so F’N awesome! Is it full of knives? I want that thing so bad! Where did you find that @ and is it yours?

Here’s the rizzuto clone box for it.

mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

I really thought someone took a black Rizzuto-Clone and spray painted it red. Never did I think that was a real red clone. I guess I thought it would be more red... these ones almost look kinda pinkish red to me
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Those ones are the only maroonish red ones but the actual Rizzuto versions have a few different reds. There is a red version of the pearl scales, which is the most common. Then there is a solid regular red. And there is the solid red that has little spots of glitter..