Latama on SD

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Latama on SD

Post by thom »

Have you seen the Latama for sale on SD? Think it is original, unrestored? I know little about vintage knives. Seems to me that knife would be jumped all over.
Thom
JimBrown257

Re: Latama on SD

Post by JimBrown257 »

It's definitely all original but the inside looks a little too shiny for me to think it wasn't cleaned. It's a great knife but that $1000 starting bid is probably limiting its prospects.
thom

Post by thom »

Yea, but where and how often are you going to find a 70+ year old Latama in that condition? Pretty knife, maybe I will hit the lottery?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote:Yea, but where and how often are you going to find a 70+ year old Latama in that condition? Pretty knife, maybe I will hit the lottery?
You bought it thom? It's gone!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

Wow. No, I did not buy it. I like the moderns. I didn't think it would last long. Perfect condition. Just checked. Sold for $950.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

$950 !!! thats more than my morgage !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

TRYKER wrote:$950 !!! thats more than my morgage !!!
lol...'ya know, I've spent $1,000 on maybe 4 knives multiple times. But, there's just something that prohibits me from buying 1 knife for $1,000 at ANY time! I guess I just haven't hit that peak of my collecting as of yet. I saw a non-Italian auto on one of the sale sites just the other night for $6,800..I know many consider me nuts for the amounts I've spent, but I'll always have "someone's a lot more nuts than me" to fall back on lol.

Here it be... http://www.pvk.vegas/Marfione-Custom-Dr ... dsabti.htm

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

to look at that knife and that price i think it screams.......not for sale.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

I bet the poor guy's wife made him promise to "try" to sell some of his knives :lol:
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

He probably lied to his wife, but who would blame him.
2024 candidate for president