Schrade Walden NY Ruins

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Schrade Walden NY Ruins

Post by JulesVane »

So many knives made here. It's wonderful that many of the knives survived, but the factory did not. Pictures taken 06/10/2018 on Rt. 208 in Walden NY.

...This is the remains of the original Walden factory before the company moved to Ellenville NY. Not sure of dates. I couldn't get around back, but just more of the same shame.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Schrade Walden NY Ruins

Post by natcherly »

Another sad example of our vanishing industrial heritage. Detroit, for instance, is full of examples.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

They're everywhere!
2024 candidate for president
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Great pictures Chris

What a lovely looking old building I'll bet this was in its day.Its crying out for fixing up Ind becoming something of its former glory. Nice to see it for me not living in the states but sad as it shows the way things are going for quality knife manufacturers .

I am afraid Englands great industries are a thing of the past aswell.There are many foreign car showrooms and clothes shops ,Giant supermarkets we have sold out to , but no great industries anymore for anybody to earn money to spend in them.

The rich get richer as the poor struggle to get by.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

gravknife wrote:Great pictures Chris

What a lovely looking old building I'll bet this was in its day.Its crying out for fixing up Ind becoming something of its former glory. Nice to see it for me not living in the states but sad as it shows the way things are going for quality knife manufacturers .

I am afraid Englands great industries are a thing of the past aswell.There are many foreign car showrooms and clothes shops ,Giant supermarkets we have sold out to , but no great industries anymore for anybody to earn money to spend in them.

The rich get richer as the poor struggle to get by.
very well put Ian.
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

I'm not too far, I may make a stop over myself. On Rt. 208, by what other marker?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Jay Blade wrote:I'm not too far, I may make a stop over myself. On Rt. 208, by what other marker?
Hi Jay. I was born & raised in Newburgh NY. Carried Mail for the Walden NY Post Office for 20 years and lived in Walden for 14 of those years. It's on Rt. 208 along the Wallkill River near the Wallkill/Walden border. Any further info., I'd be glad to share.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

JulesVane wrote:
Jay Blade wrote:I'm not too far, I may make a stop over myself. On Rt. 208, by what other marker?
Hi Jay. I was born & raised in Newburgh NY. Carried Mail for the Walden NY Post Office for 20 years and lived in Walden for 14 of those years. It's on Rt. 208 along the Wallkill River near the Wallkill/Walden border. Any further info., I'd be glad to share.
Thanks for the info. I head into Newburgh once a week for business, I might take a ride through to check it out.