Unknown black Super-automatic springer. Never seen font?

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mykniveSSuck82

Unknown black Super-automatic springer. Never seen font?

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Can anyone give me any information on this Springer knife? I have never seen font like this on these style knives except maybe NATO military otf’s but this is a Super-automatic? It’s old new stock but my lighting is poor so it kinda doesn’t do it justice... if anyone is interested I can post some better photos.. I can’t help feeling like I might have myself something rare here?

sammy the blade

Re: Unknown black Super-automatic springer. Never seen font?

Post by sammy the blade »

You might get $50 out of it on an auction so it doesn't suck to awfully bad.
2024 candidate for president
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Lol.. think it’s worth a little more then 50 bucks. It’s practically mint! Never seen font like this on one of these... never. I have seen a lot but I have never seen one like this even ones that are beat to hell and are not rare at all sell for $60 plus

Last edited by mykniveSSuck82 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
sammy the blade

Those pics. are much better. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Check out the auctions and see what the sellers are asking for them.
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

I wasn’t really trying to sell it. I just got it.. the reason I was posting It was to gather any knowledge on the thing that I could. Like I said I’ve seen and own a lot of super automatics and NATO springers but I have never seen one with this font style and size.... The knife profile is very slender also. I was hoping someone out there has one just like it? The person I got it from said they were the only owner and that they picked it up in Mexico in the mid 60’s.... yeah right! more like the mid 80’s... but I guess I can’t know for sure considering I have never seen another one quite like this before... someone’s got to know something about this thing?
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Knife on left is the super-auto next to nato military so you can see how thin the profile is

Last edited by mykniveSSuck82 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
sammy the blade

Similar knife on bladeauction.net, a NATO with camo scales guys been starting bids at $50 that he has been trying to sell for quite awhile, or maybe he has a box full of them. Your knife could be worth more but I don't think its gonna bring big dollar but you never know.
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

Was that the one on eBay that came with the red box?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i belive that this is one of the wieght watcher limited additions. thats why its thinner than the others. the script.... i'm thinking it was a monday morning after a long holiday weekend ??? lol
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

I think those old cheap OTF's are pretty cool. Probably never going to be worth a heck of a lot, but still a lot of fun for nostalgic reasons for someone like me. So, I think there will always be a market for them. Value doesn't really matter unless you want to sell it. I'd guess $75-100. Might be worth more to one person, but less to others.
I personally liked the pinned bolster version of the SA. The ones like this that had the cheap plastic plug in the bottom never seemed to be as fast and tight as the pinned versions I owned in the past. How is yours?
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The one you have here is the "last run" of these. The same maker made the pen style knives too. They were most likely made in Twain ( as told to me by a Korean Importer in the 1990s). You will see the same blades ( profile and grind) on all the cheap pen style knives that were sold back then. I have seen the same type several times years back, but as with all of these they are not around much anymore....As to value? Who knows.
mykniveSSuck82

Post by mykniveSSuck82 »

Thank you for all the information I love this knife ether way no matter what it’s worth. They aren’t very practical tools... more like toys then anything. Anyways going on the shelf as a display item and nothing more.. I really have been getting back into these types of knives lately. Childhood memories are priceless. What I am really after is one of those cheap Korea or Taiwan Rizzuto clone knifes from all the movies. Finding one that’s in good shape that is affordable seems kind of next to impossible these days. I miss buying these things out of magazines or in the beginning internet days for under 20$!
LIGHTBARMARCI

Post by LIGHTBARMARCI »

I love this modell :)
20180909_183249.jpg
20180909_183249.jpg (522.59 KiB) Viewed 4860 times