Please pray for Omega's wife

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tequiza

Re: Please pray for Omega's wife

Post by tequiza »

Damn Chris, after all you've done for her I sure as hell didn't see that coming, guess you didn't either, i'm sorry to hear that's happening to you, but as others have said, maybe it's for the best!

Best thing you can do now is go with the flow, keep your cool and get it over with, and start your life as a single man, once again, and don't even think about a number 4 Mrs Omega, that just might be out of the frying pan, into the fire!

Remember, women are like buses, one will be along every few minutes, and each one has a little different ride than the last one!
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
omega

Post by omega »

Actually, Mr. Tequiza,

I didn't see it coming either, especially since Sharon requires so much ongoing care and I was willing to provide it. But life goes on and some of it is pretty damn fine. Somewhere, there's an angel keeping watch over me (if that fits into your theological beliefs) and she's never failed to lead me from one experience to the next one which is always better.

As for Sharon, she's a big girl and capable of making her own decisions, good and bad. She's been re-homed with her local family who should be about sick of her shit within a few weeks. They were here a couple of days ago to remove her half of the furniture- most of which I hated anyway.

Coincidentally, I reconnected with an old musician friend who's in town from Florida. She and I used to be a 2-piece guitar/keyboard duo that played the dive bars in Key West. I caught so much shit from sharon about her over the years that it sort of killed it. Now with Sharon gone, we're finding that weird chemistry still exists after all these years, only now, there is time and freedom to explore it. We're looking to do Key West again starting in October and we'll see what happens there. FYI, being single has always agreed with me, LOL. No hurry to find #4, if ever. Finding female companionship has never been an issue....... its the getting them to leave part that's difficult (although this last one was effortless on my part).

The replacement is one of those little goth girls that's half my age (looks like Abby on CSI). Daddy issues perhaps? Sure....I'll play that role for a while. :)
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Now you're thinking straight Chris, Damn, looks like Abby, I could dig that for sure! :-) trouble is even if I found one half my age she'd still be an old lady :lol:

You're up pretty late tonight, it's already 6:PM over here.
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

You got an Abby? Sheet. I'd be dyin' to lick that particular tattoo ..
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Sad to hear she did not value all you did for her......I hate to say it but I have found many women can be that way. Take a long time before settling down with any women too soon. Freedom has a value to it! I have been divorced since 1999, and had dated many many women since. Never met one that was worth giving up my freedom for since....A few came close, but then something always came up... I also believe there are three things you should do in life ONCE....Birth, Death and Marriage.....It maybe better to leave this world doing only two of them! Good Luck and keep us posted!
omega

Re: Please pray for Omega's wife (NOT)

Post by omega »

While replying to Tequeza's post, somehow I deleted it before sending. Here's the recap:

I've reconnected with an old musician friend down in the Keys where we used to play the dive bars (my guitar and her keyboards). This isn't the first time either. In 2010 she flew me to Florida to spend several weeks at her ocean-front home. That was after my first breakup with Sharon. This time, the visit is an open end thing, since she's recently dumped her guitarist boyfriend, When I asked her about rent, she wanted to know if I could handle $200 a month, plus the occasioanal bag of groceries. The deal also involves me playing guitar to round out the sound at her gigs, plus the occasional session in her basement home studio to add guitar tracks to stuff she's already cut to CD.

I couldn't be more honored . She even offered to pony up for my airfare. She knows it will be 4-6 months before I can wind up my life here and has offerred to fly me back and forth as needed so that I can conclude my divorce, etc during that time.

This isn't the first time Pam has been there for me. In 2010, she flew me in to help with my substance abuse issues. Three weeks later, I left clean and sober and remain so to this day. While I've previously credited Sharon for that, it was Pam that called in her personal physician daily to administer the necessary meds to keep me from having to go cold turkey with it. She's a very giving and loving soul. The only thing I eve did for her was to be there by phone whenever she needed emotional support in dealing with her asshole boyfriend, That used to make Sharon batshit crazy.

One thing about Pam: She's never asked much of me, knowing how little I've had to give at times She's seen me thru 3 bad marriages and was always there for me when I stumbled, fell or just made bad mistakes. Funny how intuitive some folks can be, as it was her that called me within 48hrs of my marriage collapsing.

The best surprise of all is that I've been invite to bring my two cats whom I love dearly. BTW, both kitties are snuggled in with Pam in the next room. Cats are intuitive creatures in their own right. They can spot a cat lover from great distances.

So here we are. A week ago, I was in utter despair. Now, thanks to Pam, my life has regained purpose, direction and most importantly, emotional support. And the decision to say YES had nothing to do with the fact that she's very pretty in that goth sort of way. One of her publicity pics is attached to this post to illustrate the point.

Sharon is going to shit gold bricks over this, but as I'l tell her, she earned them. The one thing that kept me here no longer exists. I'm pretty good at reinventing myself, so this should be a walk in the park. 8)
pam13web copy.jpg
pam13web copy.jpg (178.35 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
omega

Post by omega »

Tom19176 wrote:Sad to hear she did not value all you did for her......I hate to say it but I have found many women can be that way. Take a long time before settling down with any women too soon. Freedom has a value to it! I have been divorced since 1999, and had dated many many women since. Never met one that was worth giving up my freedom for since....A few came close, but then something always came up... I also believe there are three things you should do in life ONCE....Birth, Death and Marriage.....It maybe better to leave this world doing only two of them! Good Luck and keep us posted!

Hey Tom!

I'm in a real good place with this, as that angel that watches over me appears i=to have been doing her job. A week ago, I was contemplating my own demise. Now I'm gleefully anticipating starting fresh. I'm not a religeous sort of guy, but it there is a god, he's certainly got my full attention now. :D
omega

Post by omega »

ILikeStilettos wrote:You got an Abby? Sheet. I'd be dyin' to lick that particular tattoo ..
Yes dave, she's got several tats, all tastefully done and easily concealable.

Funny you should mention it- as she's been trying to get me into a tat parlor for the past 3 days. She departs KCI tonight, so if I can skate for the next few hours, the issue will be deferrred until our next visit in a week or two.
omega

Post by omega »

ILikeStilettos wrote:You got an Abby? Sheet. I'd be dyin' to lick that particular tattoo ..
Sorry Dave, this one is MINE. Go find your own. I heard there's an abundance of them hanging around the Methadone Clinic in your part of town. :)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

The clinic is hoppin where I live too! Sorry to hear about the mess Chris but sometimes things work out for the best.
2024 candidate for president
DonC

Post by DonC »

Chris:
So sorry to hear about you and Sharon. Several people I know have been through the same thing.
Life goes on, just try to roll with it. Good thoughts to you as life goes on.
DonC
omega

Post by omega »

Thanks Don!

As life's trials go, this one is at the minor end of the scale. Everywhere I go, I look around me and see others who are shouldering much heavier burdens. Yes, my pissy little marital issues hurt, but not nearly as bad as many of those folks I passed in the hospital hallways day after day. Their lives and those of their families were destroyed by one medical calamity or another.

As I reflect upon it, there remains a multitude of things to look forward to. I got off easy. A few months of legal BS and it will be done. Compare that to the lifelong agony some of those folks will have to live with and my life looks pretty damn good. I'm already rebuilding and having a pretty good time of it as well.

Cheers!

Chris :)
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Chris, I greatly admire the way you are handling this. I would no doubt have copped a major resentment over being dumped this way after all the care and support provided, etc. And were the news stories correct in implying Sharon was responsible for the auto crash having driven the wrong way on a one way street? That's thanks for ya. OK, resentment gone, go do your thing! With the great attitude you show, and the keyboard young lady at your side, Rock On!
omega

Post by omega »

natcherly wrote:Chris, I greatly admire the way you are handling this. I would no doubt have copped a major resentment over being dumped this way after all the care and support provided, etc. And were the news stories correct in implying Sharon was responsible for the auto crash having driven the wrong way on a one way street? That's thanks for ya. OK, resentment gone, go do your thing! With the great attitude you show, and the keyboard young lady at your side, Rock On!
Howdy Natch!

Don't kid yourself. I'm only human and the resentment ran very high for a bit. And yes, your correct that Sharon caused that 60mph head-on, changing everyone's life in the process. Hint: Beer and Ambien don't mix or play well with others. Surprisingly, its her demanding the divorce, not me. for me, my best revenge is to move on and take happiness where I find it.

The thing with the young lady in florida has been like a simmering pot for years, it just took this unfortuanate chain of events to get that pot to finally reach its boiling point. Who knows what will become of that- the important thing is for me not let the opportunity pass me by. Even if she is a bit homely, LOL. Besides, what 60 year-old guy could pass on an offer like this one. Sit in the sun, drink a few Coronas, take a nice nap and then go entertain the touristas in Key Weird. Lord knows, I've taken in plenty of strays over the years, maybe its my turn now. 8)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I could tell some stories about Ambien and alcohol. Lucky for her she didn't get a dwi charge out of it.
2024 candidate for president