I just picked up a Spanish S.B....I think?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
bigfatross

I just picked up a Spanish S.B....I think?

Post by bigfatross »

Hi Gang,
I just picked up a Spanish S.B. Does any body know the name of the maker and the age (no tang stamp)?
The lock that holds the blade in the open position is a little week, you can close the blade without depressing the lock.
It's a hefty little knife for it's size, about 3oz. I bought it for the weird spring that operates the blade.
I remember seeing a knife like it on the web and posting the pics asking how it works.
( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24221&p=267517#p267517 )
Any info on the maker and age would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance!
Ross
Attachments
IMG_1559.jpg
IMG_1559.jpg (29.74 KiB) Viewed 1856 times
IMG_1560.jpg
IMG_1560.jpg (23.22 KiB) Viewed 1856 times
IMG_1562.jpg
IMG_1562.jpg (35.13 KiB) Viewed 1856 times
IMG_1563.jpg
IMG_1563.jpg (32.9 KiB) Viewed 1856 times
gravknife

Re: I just picked up a Spanish S.B....I think?

Post by gravknife »

Hi Ross

Definitely spanish and i love it . 8)
I don't know the exact age but ill wager its 80s -90s.
Its constriction is on the lines of the hellraiser knives and other spanish knives of that period.

Its called "MATADOR " Automatica.... i have seen one on "Autoknifes "site with the full blade etch under his amazing Spanish knife collection so take a look.

Great bolster shape and very interesting knife mate...i hope you find out more.

Great to see you here and hope your well.

gravknife
bigfatross

Post by bigfatross »

gravknife wrote:Hi Ross

Definitely spanish and i love it . 8)
I don't know the exact age but ill wager its 80s -90s.
Its constriction is on the lines of the hellraiser knives and other spanish knives of that period.

Its called "MATADOR " Automatica.... i have seen one on "Autoknifes "site with the full blade etch under his amazing Spanish knife collection so take a look.

Great bolster shape and very interesting knife mate...i hope you find out more.

Great to see you here and hope your well.

gravknife
Hello Ian,
Thanks for the info and I will definitely check out "Autoknifes " site again,he's got a nice collection (Damn Him) :lol: .

Ian I heard that your home land is going to start knife control because of all the stabbings and killings that are going on there, IS THAT TRUE? Just like in the USA, we have people trying to stifle the 2nd amendment and try to take are fire arms away from us law abiding citizens.

I was hoping that was a joke when I heard about the U.K. and what they may enforce over by you. Oh well, if you need a place to secure (hide) your knives I will give you my address. :lol:
THANKS for the input!
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

You are welcome Ross

I have been a bit wary of purchasing anything of late due to the proposed knife ban.
Its usually when customs is on its highest alert aswell ....its already a difficult hobby but it may become too much of a risk for me to collect these knives anymore.

You all must never give up the right to bear arms.
It just makes you into sheep that need protection ,and allows your government to walk allover you and allow terrorists to do as they please in your land.

Its good to hear from you Ross and thats a cool knife you acquired .
.Pleased for you mate.

All the best

Ian