A.G.A. 10"- 5mm Picklocks

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Re: A.G.A. 10"- 5mm Picklocks

Post by thom »

JulesVane, please check your private messages
thom

Post by thom »

JulesVane, please check your private messages
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Jules

They are some mighty fine knives with killer scales you have somehow acquired. 8)

That ramshorn always looks great to me,but i unfortunately have no switches that are adorned with it.

In fact all three of these have really nice and top quality stag ,buffalo and ramshorn .
There may just be something in him marking particular knives that turned out better ,or had a particular scale that jumped out at him on inspection.
Don't quote me on that though as I am pretty unknowleadgeble on modern knives .

The buffalo is especially nicely caramel streaked and fitted perfectly to that knife.It moulds into the shape ....beauty 8)
Add that old school killer stag and its a win win situation all round.

Great choices m8...if I lived over there I'd be living in that same caravan down by the river with you if knives that good were readily available.

keep them coming mate

gravknife
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks Ian for your always kind words and to all that have contributed to this post...The 14 prototypes, were numbered and completed in Dec. of 2012. The first run of 150 10" picklocks for A.G.A. Campolin was finished in Nov. 2013. A.G.A. Campolin started selling them in 2014. A small group of the first production was selected by Renzo Pascotto and he had them lasered with his logo. You saw #5 in the Rams Horn. Here's the #1 of the original prototypes in mother of pearl...
hard to do the MOP justice...
...Thanks for all the input on some of my very favorite, modern pieces to all.

New arrivals 6/15/18:

New Arrivals of the Kris (Kriss?) variety (bottom one) added 7/13/18

The only 2 Brass pieces in my collection. Added 8/18/18

Ram's Horn added August 2018

Sambar Stag RP added April 2019

Brazilian Kris added May 18th, 2019 (Thanks Thom!)

African Ebony Wood added 8/26/2019

2nd Dagger Grind (Bottom) "Folgore Exclusive" added 10/28/19 (Thanks Thom!)

Brazilian Bayo Added 12/20/19

"Snakewood" Kris Model: Added 01/22/21

Brazilian Bayo Added 4/12/21

Snakewood Bayo Added 8/30/21

I've added many I didn't bother to post since my last in 8/21, but Renzo Pascotto decided to do yet another run in October of 2022. I've grabbed these from that run...

Here's my 3rd "Bernie" dagger blade in Ram's Horn added in early 2023

Last edited by JulesVane on Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:50 pm, edited 15 times in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Remarkable James

I would love a switchblade in mop ...i only have non auto examples and its just a wonderful scale matetial
It looks great on your photographs but it's always even better in the hand when you can tilt it to the light for the best views.

I can begin to see the hues of reds pinks and greens on your last picture . 8)
Its the classiest of scale materials on a great looking blade with high build quality.....whats not to love about it .

I have no modern italian knives but if i was having one these are now my favourites and one with mother of pearl would suit me just fine.

I like all the knives on this post but the mop is my favourite yet.

Thanks yet again for more bad influence from my American brothers ....leading me astray naking me want anpther knife yet again. :)

Keep them coming

gravknife
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks Ian. I'm going to assume you meant me, JulesVane aka Chris and not a "James" lol! Hey, I'm easily forgettable lol. But, this is my only piece of any type in mother of pearl and much like abalone (pearl), you're right. As it's twisted and turned in the light (sunlight the best), is when the colors really can shine through. Though the MOP itself is sweet, what I feel most excited about is it's the numbered one (1/14) prototype. Something I would wonder why Renzo Pascotto wouldn't have kept in his very own collection. But, I'm truly honored to now have it in mine. I honestly can't imagine the 10" Campolin/Pascotto picklocks getting any better. It's certainly the "grail" of my 10" PL collection. Angelo actually just announced that a new run will be available soon. I'm anxious to see what is possibly yet to come. Thanks again Ian!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Sorry Chris for the name mistake ., :oops:

i am rushing sometimes and predictive text may have interfered changing Jules to James.
I will stick with Chris and even if I forgot you I wouldn't forget the beautiful knives you have been posting recently mate

Yes ... I definitely see what you mean about the prototype and Mr Pascotto
I mean its number 1 of a set of 14 in a high quality material like mop would have been something i would have kept if I was Renzo myself ...

It's a true beauty overall and will be awed at in the future by newer collectors aswell I'll wager.. 8)

You have a stunning collection of these and I am really pleased you could add this grail knife

Thanks for sharing it and if you get any more keep the thread going.

All the best
Ian
texans123

Post by texans123 »

JulesVane wrote:Thanks Ian for your always kind words and to all that have contributed to this post...The 14 prototypes, were numbered and completed in Dec. of 2012. The first run of 150 10" picklocks for A.G.A. Campolin was finished in Nov. 2013. A.G.A. Campolin started selling them in 2014. A small group of the first production was selected by Renzo Pascotto and he had them lasered with his logo. You saw #5 in the Rams Horn. Here's the #1 of the original prototypes in mother of pearl...
hard to do the MOP justice...
...Thanks for all the input on some of my very favorite, modern pieces to all.
A beauty!
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Damn, you guys have some beautiful knives. That MOP is drop dead gorgeous. :shock:

I seem to have a bit of an odd duck here. It has a few features that I don't recall seeing on an AGA 10": The blade stock and backspring are 4.5mm rather than the usual 5mm, the grind terminations are radiused rather than terminating at a sharp right angle, and it has a red-dot safety. Anyone know when this was made?

Here it is next to its more conventional 2016 sibling:

Bottom knife in this pic:
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Looking at the locking tab at the top of the backspring, that's what the 2013 models are like (1st year production run). But the 4.5mm? I've never seen a red dot safety on any 10" (25cm) picklocks. It certainly is a beauty! They both are! I'd be interested to learn more about it as well.
Last edited by JulesVane on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

wow - that sure is a beauty!!! I wish I had one of those in my collection!!!
omega

Post by omega »

I am so in love with that Brazilian Kriss on the top. Trade you a crazy soon-to-be ex-wife and a broken Rizzy?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

The following is the progression of Stiletto Disease...

As of Sept., 2020....

Last edited by JulesVane on Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Magnifique! Chris, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that turns out to be the finest collection of AGA 10" anywhere.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Corvus wrote:Magnifique! Chris, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that turns out to be the finest collection of AGA 10" anywhere.
Thank you Rick for such kind words. I was told via email, that Angelo is hoping for the new run to be available next month (September). Naturally, I'm anxious to see.