Vendetta Corsa

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Vendetta Corsa

Post by JulesVane »

Good evening all. I've been doing some past post reading and saw some really nice examples. Just wondering, are they still current production or what approximate year was last produced? This 8" example just arrived to me. Thanks all....

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gravknife

Re: Vendetta Corsa

Post by gravknife »

Jules

Thats a real nice looking example.I love the horn on it.
Its a nice clear etch aswell ,i like these knives and they are pretty well constructed .

I am unsure myself on the true age of these as there are varying differences with mixed bolster material N/S stainless and unlined swivel top bolster like the Frank B s of the 70s and 80s .

My example was from France marked INOX and I would put it similar date and build quality to the Frank Beltrame" B Rostfrei" marked knives i have .

Don C has some and others may be able to enlighten you more .
I'd like to know also Jules.

Hope your well mate you have been scoring some really nice knives .

Ian
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks for the kind words Ian. This example is also only stamped INOX (rather roughly) on the front tang. I felt the need to add one to my collection and it seems whenever I acquire any piece other than obviously modern, I like to get an estimate of the date of production. Just curious. Then again, the terms "antique, vintage and modern" (when it comes to knives) is still rather vague to me.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
DonC

Post by DonC »

As I understand it they were produced for the French tourist market but I could be wrong. The ones I've seen span the range from pick locks to modern swivel bolsters and come from a variety of manufacturers. The ones I have range from no-names to M Italy to Virginia to Inox with back springs of both 3 and 4 mm. Sizes run from 8 to 13 in.
DonC
Attachments
_L0W1038_zpsikycpmtr-800.jpeg
_L0W1038_zpsikycpmtr-800.jpeg (111.85 KiB) Viewed 2891 times
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Wow, DonC, you do like them 13's don't'cha?

I was thinking just the other day to sell my size set, but I can see that I am totally outclassed.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Beautiful collection DonC! Have you any knowledge of current production or when the French tourist market faded out? Anyone ever seen the etching on brand new stilettos?

DonC

Post by DonC »

Since they were pretty much novelty products I've never really delved into their history so I can't be of much help there. In general I believe the etching was done to established knives by the sellers. The quality of the knives and the quality of the etching are all over the map.
DonC