Russian auto knife makers

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Brett

Russian auto knife makers

Post by Brett »

Hi all, so always see lots of USA makers where is a good source for Russian auto, eastern block autos,surely it's not just USA guys that make cool stuff?
sammy the blade

Re: Russian auto knife makers

Post by sammy the blade »

Check the auctions.
2024 candidate for president
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

You could try Mikov leverlock :)
john

Post by john »

Mikov knives are so underrated. They're awesome and make very good working knives. They're sturdy well made knives I own a bunch of them.
I own two Russian made kniveS; they're very well made knives. 3knives had them. I got mine from Duncan aka HDC. I'll post photos of my RED knives asap.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Look at the posts by Michaelz, like this one viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23942&hilit=russian. Send him a message through this forum and you can be on the list when he sells a knife. He is excellent on customer service and shipping. Here are more of his previous sales. http://photos.switchbladeknife.info/Gal ... ry=4770715 Use "Full Screen" for the best image.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Just a point of clarification; Mikov knives are made in Czech Republic, not Russia. I'm a fan.

Jim
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

jim d, wrote:Just a point of clarification; Mikov knives are made in Czech Republic, not Russia. I'm a fan.

Jim
Thank you , sir for pointing that out. Damn , l just realized how stereotypical it was for me to associate " Mikov" with a Russian name :p
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Bladeplay had some, don't know if they still do. The knives that Michaelz has are made In prisons.
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I'm not familiar with Russian autos, but this may interest you...

http://www.sharperdeals.net/index.php?m ... ood-scales

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
lance

Post by lance »

Cccp stuff is weird,on one hand ya have stuff like mikoff make GREAT stuff...ya have madeth? Not sure im spelling it right,then theres the "prison made" w the widest variety of stuff,.lots a sliding buttons.
Im into the prison made nudie girl knives. And minis.
Russia and the eukrain have a long history of auto knife makers.an probably more fans of the switchblade knives than in america.
But u can find em every once in a while on auction,or u can get on a email lists of brokers.but russian knives are super interesting.ive always had a back burner goal of owning auto knives from every country in the world.problem is,thatDamn Near EVERY country on the planet made em at one time or another.
last_vegas

Post by last_vegas »

JulesVane wrote:I'm not familiar with Russian autos, but this may interest you...

http://www.sharperdeals.net/index.php?m ... ood-scales
Kandar - these are inexpensive knives from Poland (maybe Chinese origin, not sure). You can find em on ebay.
last_vegas

Post by last_vegas »

Russian switchblades are made in small quantities and sold at knife shows or online at domestic auctions\sites, just for example
https://www.avito.ru/moskva/ohota_i_ryb ... _998070588
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Vlad wrote:l just realized how stereotypical it was for me to associate " Mikov" with a Russian name :p
Don't be too hard on yourself; Czechoslovakia (Now Czech Republic, and Slovakia, respectively) was part of the Eastern Bloc, all under Russian control for most of the 20th century. From what I understand, some factions of the KGB carried Mikov knives; that said, I am not sure if this was standard issue in the Russian KGB, or the KGB factions of its satellites. These things are tough to pin down. Belarus does still have KGB, though.

I just got my first Mikov after a lengthy career of exclusively collecting Italian spring steel only, and I must say I am very fond of the mechanics and the double-spring system kicks hard every time. Not only that but the springs are easily and cheaply replaceable, making me less worried about playing with it :oops:
Knee-deep in the hoopla...