Chinese fake or 1980s F. Beltrame stiletto?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Genghis Khan

Re: Chinese fake or 1980s F. Beltrame stiletto?

Post by Genghis Khan »

last_vegas wrote:
DonC wrote:Very nice photos of the Armenian knife. An interesting interpretation and it appears to be very nicely executed. Thanks for sharing.
Here's a photo of my "Vendeta Corsa" group. 3 13's, 2 11's, 2 9's, an 8 and a 7. All different manufacturers and eras. Most examples are relatively modern construction with the light scaled example a M Italy transitional.
DonC
Hi, DonC, very cool and beautiful famiglia of stilettos, i saw one of these at knife expo in Moscow few days ago, but it was in very bad condition, damaged, and engravings on the blade were almost gone, so i didn`t buy it.
Are automatic knives legal to possess in Russia?
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

Luke_of_Mass wrote:I've always been interested in those Armenian switchblades but never saw one in person.

Gravknife, what's with the scribbling on the blade? I've seen HDC list a couple for sale here but I'm not sure what it means or what its about
the origin of" Vendetta" knives is the island of Corsica,where they were carried and used by the local "Ruffiani e' Puttane" (thugs and whores),although corsica is part of the republic of france,the language and customs are much closer to sicily and sardinia.at some point the demand for vendetta corse knives by tourists out grew the output of local makers,and importation from maniago and france began,some of the imports followed the traditional design,eventually the iconic stiletto design took over.
last_vegas

Post by last_vegas »

For interested in Aremnian switchblades
The maker name is Karapet Nor-Arevyan (but he calls himself Karo). He is from Yerevan, Armenia, but visits Moscow quite often. He allowed me to post his contact info.
Phone +374-91-55-71-55 (Armenian)
+7-917-572-27-97 (Russian) whatsapp, telegram
email artkaro@rambler.ru
i`m not his representative or dealer, so if this post is breaking forum rules, let me know.
last_vegas

Post by last_vegas »

In order no to talk about armenian knives all the time, here is most unisial package i got on saturday. The seller decided to put a kinfe in the book, god knows why, but it was funny) The book is Farmer`s guide
Attachments
IMG_20171216_145906_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171216_145906_HDR.jpg (99.79 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
IMG_20171216_145834_HDR.jpg
IMG_20171216_145834_HDR.jpg (146.26 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
IMG_20171216_145656_HDR_1.jpg
IMG_20171216_145656_HDR_1.jpg (373.07 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
DonC

Post by DonC »

Interesting knife and a rather unique method of packaging. Might have been worried about inspectors from some agency. Back in grade school we used to use that method to get squirt guns into the building.
DonC
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

DonC wrote:Interesting knife and a rather unique method of packaging. Might have been worried about inspectors from some agency. Back in grade school we used to use that method to get squirt guns into the building.
DonC
OR.........HE RAN OUT OF BUBBLE WRAP !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

whippersnapper wrote:Welcome to Talkblade, Last Vegas!

Your knife is a genuine Italian knife. I believe that is Frank Beltrames older stamp.
At the risk of beating (to death) these older threads...I'm back to the world of confusion that I reside in, about this capital B over Rostfrei in script. According to this other, older post: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24508&hilit=frank+b+stamp#p270058 that would mean Renzo Beltrame's Stamp? (I just aquired a piece with the same stamp, thus the inquiry)...I guess it really doesn't matter, it's all in the family. Besides...when I think, my head hurts, so I tend not to..lol

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)