15 inch Italian

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
VOSGTC

15 inch Italian

Post by VOSGTC »

I have an Italian switchblade for which I seek information. Overall length of 14.75 inches, tang marked "ROSTFREI ITALY", Kris blade, swivel bolster, black horn scales, excellent condition. I bought some time back, was told it was part of a limited production. Recently, a self proclaimed expert told me that it was produced by AGA in 2000, prior to them using the AGA tang stamp.

This is my first posting on TalkBlade, I am not ure how to post photos.

Thanks
VOSGTC
Votin’ Out Spoken Gun Totin’ Conservative
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: 15 inch Italian

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Now, who would have told you that?
It was made by Falcon Knives in Maniago, Italy.
Falcon knives was/is owned by the Campolin family. One of their current stamps is AGA Campolin.
You gotta watch those "self-proclaimed experts."
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

And, you're welcome!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

VOSGTC,

Just to set the record straight, Bill DeShivs really is an expert, and I'm sure everyone in the switchblade collecting community would agree. Actually, your question is a good legitimate one and welcome to our community.

Jim
VOSGTC

Post by VOSGTC »

THe knife sold on ebay at $352, shipped.
VOSGTC
Votin’ Out Spoken Gun Totin’ Conservative
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

jesus christ i gotta tap into this gold mine of ebayers who don't know sites like bladeauction and sharperdeals exist
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Nice display knife. (Unless you're planning on pruning low hanging branches with it). ;)
Fishtail Picklock
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Luke_of_Mass wrote:jesus christ i gotta tap into this gold mine of ebayers who don't know sites like bladeauction and sharperdeals exist
I hear you. And by saying a knife is "spring assist", it apparently passes muster for eBay. Kinda like the good old days when eBay was a bustling source for our kind of knives. Back then they usually sold for more there than on the blade-centric auction sites, many of which are no longer with us :cry: Some things do not change.
hearandgone

Post by hearandgone »

natcherly wrote:
Luke_of_Mass wrote:jesus christ i gotta tap into this gold mine of ebayers who don't know sites like bladeauction and sharperdeals exist
I hear you. And by saying a knife is "spring assist", it apparently passes muster for eBay. Kinda like the good old days when eBay was a bustling source for our kind of knives. Back then they usually sold for more there than on the blade-centric auction sites, many of which are no longer with us :cry: Some things do not change.
eBay itself has gone crazy. I recently listed a pair of Italian autos and, today, received a threatening email from eBay telling me had to end my auction because it violated their rules. Shortly after that I lost out on an auction for a switchblade and they sent another email telling me that I lost and recommending eight other auctions to get what I wanted. Seven of their recommendations were for switchblades. I just don’t get it.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

eBay itself has gone crazy. I recently listed a pair of Italian autos and, today, received a threatening email from eBay telling me had to end my auction because it violated their rules. Shortly after that I lost out on an auction for a switchblade and they sent another email telling me that I lost and recommending eight other auctions to get what I wanted. Seven of their recommendations were for switchblades. I just don’t get it.
the recommendation emails are automated, just keep the word "switchblade" and "automatic knife" out of your listing and you should be good.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Luke's got to be right about the automated recommendations. I had 2 Hubertus Leverlocks pulled with a violation email. No "auto" or "switchblade" used at all. Yet, I see so many for sale with straight up button side showing. One of the many mysteries of life lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

It's all about algorithms, including the search feature. If you know the right key words for what you're looking for, searches will be more fruitful - when it comes to products like this, those listing them are consciously trying to avoid detection by eBay's filter system and therefore use less conspicuous terms like "assisted" rather than "automatic", and so-on.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

hearandgone wrote:
natcherly wrote:

same thing just happend to me ebay pulled 14 my auctions suspended me for 30 days , i listed them just like all other sellers on ebay never mentioned they wre autos or switchblades listed them as spring assist and they still yanked them even the dam keychains i had they pulled but you look and there are 10 more just like ones i listed so whos knows i dont think they even know what the hell they are doing ebay is basicly entirely automated.
lance

Post by lance »

Damn bernie that sucks!!