Sorsakoski (Hackman) & Daiwa Fish Knife II

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
oregon

Re: Sorsakoski (Hackman) & Daiwa Fish Knife II

Post by oregon »

Daiwa Deba (fish knife) more bali fun from Japan:

Top = black handle
Bottom = green handle

Deba = one side of blade sharpened (cuts fish cleanly when removing the head). So one side of blade is unsharpened and it is flat.
Last edited by oregon on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oregon

Post by oregon »

cardoso5fr wrote:Cool i've never seen the japanese version :D
Just when you thought that you'd seen it all card, cue the Jaws theme music, you have me posting this one:

Black on top and green on bottom:

I have no sales resistance so a black-handled version is on its way to the USA (pics to follow upon arrival).

Flip this one! :shock:
lance

Post by lance »

Hahahha you hit the jap-pot!!! Lol nice knives pretty cool ill have to look into em ya got a link where we can find em?
oregon

Post by oregon »

Sure do, just drop or cut and paste the names of the knives into the search box provided by the bay. There are some Japanese enthusiasts, individual tackle suppliers, that read and write English with the intent to satisfy your needs. Happy fishing.

Fish Deba
Cap Deba 85
Daiwa fish knife
oregon

Post by oregon »

Can you tell that the Deba is actually a fixed blade with a swinging guard?
oregon

Post by oregon »

In pursuit of Balisongs from foreign & far away lands I plowed up these so far, with still other new models and color variants on the way. Good fun for me and not overly expensive so far. I haven't been put off by any of the new-to-me knives. I'm actually tickled to find cutlery that surprises me and off shore vendors I can vouch for. I've listed costs in Yen so simply drop the amount, followed by "JPY", into the google search box to begin conversion into your money.

The first two models shadow the bali with some accuracy while the second two, well, do not.

oregon

Post by oregon »

BC80 is enroute:

Bridge at Cascade Locks on the Columbia R, roadway is expanded metal and I challenge you to walk across it while looking down (builds the fear, makes climbing nearby mountains (Table MTN for example) exciting):
oregon

Post by oregon »

oregon

Post by oregon »

Japan Balisong, Hackman-Like, black hard resin handles, stainless steel blade, sterile, model 1010 out of the Far Out East for your amusement, short video with music & clap trap by Royal Poobah!

https://youtu.be/Vr93OOAPAL4
oregon

Post by oregon »

Japan folding FISH KNIFE, BC80, short video with music and blather by oregon for your amusement:

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos
oregon

Post by oregon »

Still photo of the Japan Fish Knife Collection so far, as of 5-2-2017 (bottom 1/2 of table):

Notice that the red knife, second from the bottom middle, is a Hackman. Yes it is.

kniveswords

Post by kniveswords »

Ha, hey look unique and colorful :)
Check out my honest articles about knives here 8) : http://7knives.com
oregon

Post by oregon »

Thank you.

It is fun for me to get away from the basic black color. Kinda makes sense to have some color on an item that lives in the bottom of your tackle box until fishing time. Making it easier to find and pick out of the rest of your tackle/stuff. I wish that the 1010 bali could be found in other colors...

I am pretty sure that I've got a complete representation of currently available Japanese folding fishing knives. If you know of others please let me know as I love the hunt. I am still tickled with the Deba blade in a folding knife and have another green one inbound. People that see that one like it and my mechanical engineer older son is charmed by its handle lock.
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

VEry fun all those plastic balisong :D
oregon

Post by oregon »

I added a few more jelly beans so now I need a display case or a larger table! The three, bottom center of the photo, red transparent, gray transparent (looks black in this pic) and blue transparent are my new favorites. I've tried, but failed, to acquire a clear transparent version. PVK had one, and the photo is still out there, a while back but I'm not finding a maker or owner. Who has the clear transparent bali needing a new home? Somebody knows something. :mrgreen: