En-Lance-d Renzo Beltrame Ivory

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
lance

Re: En-Lance-d Renzo Beltrame Ivory

Post by lance »

Sorry for the slow reply but i just played w it in my spare time,the plastic.is mallable,i used a crosshatch pattern to make a texture that the ink would stick to.after i scratched it all in isoaked a rag w tattoo ink & rubbed in into the picture and wiped down the excess & let it dry real.good.
Im happy to awnser any questions ya have.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

lance wrote:Sorry for the slow reply but i just played w it in my spare time,the plastic.is mallable,i used a crosshatch pattern to make a texture that the ink would stick to.after i scratched it all in isoaked a rag w tattoo ink & rubbed in into the picture and wiped down the excess & let it dry real.good.
Im happy to awnser any questions ya have.
Ahh...tattoo ink! That explains it. So, is tattoo ink as permanent on plastic as it is in skin? Or, does the artwork need some kind of sealer? I should of guessed tattoo ink with a tattoo artist...duh!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
lance

Post by lance »

I used a hairdryer to dry tit to the scales,and yeah its definitely as permanent on plastic as it is on scales.
It was a fun project.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Would this work with actual Ivory? or is acrylic necessary?
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
lance

Post by lance »

I couldn't. Say as this was my first attempt at scrimshaw.and ofcourse ivory is a super expensive material.
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

COOL-O TOOL-O!!!