Gerber Guardian

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Gerber Guardian

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I just ordered one of these. I compared it to the SOG Mini Pentagon and chose the Portland, Oregon manufactured Gerber. 8) :wink:

Any input?
Fishtail Picklock
gravknife

Re: Gerber Guardian

Post by gravknife »

Fishtail
I've downloaded a picture for you mate,hope thats okay.

Its a mean looking little knife. 8)
I love this size of knife and have seen them mounted upside down on army uniforms for quick deploymemt.
Great choice of back up knife with a comfortable grip.

I hope your well mate.

Regards
Ian
Attachments
10824.jpg
10824.jpg (16.72 KiB) Viewed 11178 times
Fishtail Picklock

Bless you, Ian! Thanks for your response. It is good to hear from you and I hope that you are well. May God help you. I have been worried about your heath. BTW, I live 39.6 miles from Gerber Legendary Blades on Southeast 72nd in Portland, Oregon.

How are you?
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Not bad sir
Thankyou for asking .

I'm starting on new medication tomorrow ,its supposed to be a wonder drug.I'll let you know if it works my freind.

You have bought some nice looking knives lately my freind .
Keep well.

Ian
Fishtail Picklock

Ian:

May the Almighty God in Heaven give you a long and prosperous life. You are loved and venerated by many of us on this side of the pond. It is too bad you couldn't spend your life here in Western Oregon. The climate is similar to that of London (same latitude) and about 65 miles from the Pacific Ocean.

I believe that you could live longer here and would fit right in with our way of life out here.

You may be surprised.
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Wish i could mate.
Id be over in a heart beat if i had the money ,it caters for many things that i love .
I also hope that ive made many freinds here yourself included that id live to have a beer with and chat knives and guns .
I'll keep my fingers crossed when i put the lottery on mate .
Thanks for the kind words my freind,they mean a lot.

All the best
Ian

P.S Ill try and post some pictures of the knives you have posted about recently for you.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

That's a sexy knife, Fishy ...
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Fishtail Picklock

Isn't it cool? I want to make a shoulder harness (nape of neck) rig on which to clip the sheath. Hidden, but instantly accessible. I know that it sounds "tacticool" but a hidden 3-ounce dagger has its place.
Fishtail Picklock
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:Isn't it cool? I want to make a shoulder harness (nape of neck) rig on which to clip the sheath. Hidden, but instantly accessible. I know that it sounds "tacticool" but a hidden 3-ounce dagger has its place.
worked for james caan.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Fishtail Picklock

TRYKER wrote:
Fishtail Picklock wrote:Isn't it cool? I want to make a shoulder harness (nape of neck) rig on which to clip the sheath. Hidden, but instantly accessible. I know that it sounds "tacticool" but a hidden 3-ounce dagger has its place.
worked for james caan.
It is just a good place to hide it. Cover it with a Navy Blue windbreaker during the spring and summer and a full coat in the autumn and winter. I constantly wear a dress hat (or dress "rain hat"). In a "bad situation" accessing a 3-ounce "hard-core" dagger can save a life.
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i used to wear my gerber on my belt buckle back in the early '80's
TRYKER

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Fishtail Picklock

The Guardian just came in today's mail. This is the knife I have been wanting all along. Small(er), discreet and razor sharp. Gerber's 420HC steel is "just like momma used to make" and will serve in a fine number of roles other than personal defense.

So many good things are made in "the Solingen of the Western world". (Portland, OR and the Northern end of the Willamette Valley).
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I like the picture and I like them sharp, and I like them made in the good old U. S. A.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Sammy, Tryker and Ian:

The more I handle and hone this knife, the better I like it. This is a true "bad boy" and is suitable for lots of uses. This knife is more than remarkable, It is stupendous. If you need a "real" boot knife, buy this one. The real beauty of this blade is that it is NOT a "one trick pony". (This knife is worth every penny of the purchase price).
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

my gerber mark 1 sits in my night stand next to the gun.
TRYKER