Cold Steel 20PBL Peace Keeper 2 knife opinions?

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Cold Steel 20PBL Peace Keeper 2 knife opinions?

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

This is the 5.5" drop point 4116 German Steel blade, 4.75" handle knife offered for less than $27.00 on Amazon.com. I have watched several reviews and find them rather encouraging. While the 4116 Steel blade may not hold an edge as does my SOG Northwest Ranger, this knife seems so versatile that it could find its way into the kitchen as easily as it would earn its keep in the field. I am leaning toward buying one of these for general household use as well as "underarm protection". (Think of it as Ban Roll-On that won't wear out for another twenty years)! :wink: :roll:

Does anyone have any experience with either the Cold Steel Peacekeeper 2 or 3 knives? (The PBL Peacekeeper 3 is the knife with the shorter blade).
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fishtail Picklock
Viking45

Re: Cold Steel 20PBL Peacemaker2 knife opinions?

Post by Viking45 »

I can't speak from personal experience on the CS Peacemaker II but can speak for the Krupp 4116 steel and I am very impressed with it's edge holding ability.
For about a decade now I have had 4 maybe 5 of the Cold Steel Pocket Bushman (Taiwan) knives and always seem to give them away to friends.
I now have one in my gear bag and one still in the box stashed away.
Absolutely scary sharp out of the box, in fact they come with a bright red warning label around them letting you know they are dangerous.
Big knife with a 5 inch blade, take both hands to close it and because of the stiff spring/locking mechanism I would recommend opening it with both hands because one wrong move and this thing will take a finger to the bone in an instant.
Not sure what they are selling for at the moment but I paid around 25 bucks free shipping on ebay.
pocketbushman.jpg
pocketbushman.jpg (17.11 KiB) Viewed 9556 times
I did some research and found lots of positive reviews on the Peacemaker II.
Doubt if anyone wants to sit and watch a 12 minute video of a guy shaving but I found a review on YouTube of a guy unboxing a Cold Steel Peacemaker III (the smaller version of the PM II). I wasn't planning on watching it but he makes it very interesting. He doesn't just knock off some whiskers, this guy does a full-on close shave with this knife because he is used to shaving with a straight razor. I was actually impressed with both the video and the knife.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wawmWSvnrFI
Here's a couple pics if anyone is curious. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one or recommend one of these knives.
Attachments
cspm2.jpg
cspm2.jpg (59.17 KiB) Viewed 9556 times
peace-maker.jpg
peace-maker.jpg (130.71 KiB) Viewed 9556 times
Fishtail Picklock

Okay, I'll confess. I have ordered the 20PBL Peacemaker II. I'll report what kind of hardware arrives.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

The knife arrived this morning. It is bigger than I thought. The knife sits well in the sheath and seems as if it will be a good working knife.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and so far, it looks good. We'll see how well it works when the blade impacts the objective.

P.S. I have to buy an old-fashioned military web belt to carry the knife... :roll: Life goes on. :oops:
Fishtail Picklock