Blues Deluxe

A growing number of collectors customize their automatic knives by changing scales, bolsters, blades, doing fileworks, ... Wether you're a guru or just a wannabe knife modder, this is the place to discuss it!

Moderators: Bill DeShivs, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
1stnamebassist

Re: Blues Deluxe

Post by 1stnamebassist »

Nice Bill! Must be something about bass and knives! I'll add firearms to my list of guilty pleasures! And hopefully flying ultralights again someday!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I don't fly, but I'm quite involved with firearms.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
1stnamebassist

Post by 1stnamebassist »

16basses! I wouldn't know where to put them all! Ashdown and Eden makes for a nice rig! Maybe someday when I retire I'll be playing again. I'm almost 59 and hoping to retire at 62.
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

Viking...is that a battery box on the back of your strat? You don't have active pickups do you?
john

Post by john »

OK you Misicians we've seen some of your tools. Now, send us a link to your YouTube video so we can hear you play.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
john

Post by john »

1stnamebassist wrote:And hopefully flying ultralights again someday!

Ultralights or as I like to call them flying motorcycles. I'd love to own one. I think it will be a blast flying around sitting in one of little flying machines.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Erik131065 wrote:Viking...is that a battery box on the back of your strat? You don't have active pickups do you?
Erik it is a Fender Roadhouse Strat (alder body/maple neck) and it has a built-in preamp. The tone knob has 6 click settings that allows a lot of different tones.
You activate the preamp by the button built in the main volume knob. It's a unique guitar and fender made two versions the Roadhouse and the Lone Star which has a switchable humbucker that can be both a single coil and humbucker.

The pickups are the Texas Specials (passive) which are a bit hotter than standard Strat pickups and are great for rock and blues.

It can be played like a regular Strat or just hit the button for a little hotter sound. The newer roadhouse has what they call Vintage Noiseless pickups but I prefer the Texas Specials. I prefer the sound/tone of passive pickups just like I prefer analog effects like delay,phase etc.

By the way it is a Mexican Strat and absolutely plays like a dream, the neck and frets are nicely finished and I love the large 70's style head stock.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Cool vid Bill, you guys sound tight. 8)
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

I used to have a Fender Highway 1 which I upgraded with the Texas Specials about ten years ago. I realy liked them. Great looking guitar that roadhouse strat.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

shit Bill i didnt know you played bass lol , does anybody here use distortion on bass ? i just picked up a Schecter bass (stiletto extreme 4 blackcherry) and ampeg micro SVT cl 1/4 stack 100 watt, and a 20ft George L's guitar cable and a Levy's custom 3" wide padded strap, ive played drums my entire life well since i been 5 but i always wanted to play bass so here i go lol .
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The Shecter Stiletto is a nice bass. I have almost bought one several times.
I'm up to 19 basses now, 2-12" Eden cabinets, 2-15" EV TL boxes, 1 2-10" cabinet, a 12" cabinet, full PA system.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Bill DeShivs wrote:The Shecter Stiletto is a nice bass. I have almost bought one several times.
I'm up to 19 basses now, 2-12" Eden cabinets, 2-15" EV TL boxes, 1 2-10" cabinet, a 12" cabinet, full PA system.
Wow man 19 bass guitars lol but you probably been playing all your life and collectin basses along the way ? and all the heads and cabs you got wow . so from reading this post you guys are not fond of Ampeg amps ? lol i was looking at a Mesa Boogie but man way out of price range right now and being im just starting i figured go with something small like the Ampeg Micro svt cl .
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I stopped playing in 1999, and started back in 2015. In 99, I had 5 basses.
I love Ampeg amps for bass, but my little 4 pound TC Electronic amp does just about eveything I need for club jobs.
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

Always loved the tone out of the older Twins but also jammed with a cat in the 70's that blew through a Bassmen top n bottom that delivered serious tone. Love the old Fenders. Not a guitar player but I know good tone when it's flying.

THJ