beware of BRITISHBLADES.COM forum.

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: beware of BRITISHBLADES.COM forum.

Post by Vagrant »

If we hadn't saved the UK, they would be speakin GERMAN, much to the betterment of the planet :wink:
Warren_2010

Post by Warren_2010 »

Greetings!. I return after a 1 year abscence from the forum with a new account. Quite amusing that this thread i started is getting replies still.
Ive no blade collection at all these days (although that will be changing soon enough) but i decided to go take another look as BB last night after seeing some of the replies on here.
My opinion still remains the same,infact i think that BB members are so PC they are borderline GAY!
Theres even some wimp discussion on someone who bought a BALLISONG BOTTLE OPENER and he's scared to death that the police are gonna smash his door in to find it. Then some other backwards fool has scanned a TIN OPENER asking if its legal for him to take on a PICNIC!! ..because ofcouse we all know how cops are forever jumping on people in parks here to get to their butty box!! jesus christ!!! ..
As every forum on earth always has the typical "What music are you into?" thread i expect BB one to read like this "CLUTURE CLUB,ERASURE,BRONSKI BEAT,ROCKY HORRORSHOW SOUNdTRACK,PET SHOP BOYS etc etc"

BB = BIG BENDERS ;-)
“God will forgive them. He’ll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can’t live with that.”
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

Have to say the Brits had a great prime minister in Churchill but then again his mother was AMERICAN :wink:
Warren_2010

Post by Warren_2010 »

The jerks on BritishBlades are the kind who would sign a "ban glasses in pubs" petition and gladly see us all drinking out of plastic beakers just for dumb "health and safety" reasons. Such people make me sick.
“God will forgive them. He’ll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can’t live with that.”
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Once/if they ban glasses, they would ban plastic for "possible health reasons" :roll:
The demented syndrome of "the government must DO something" is spreading [like the cancer it is] across the planet.
Colin KC

Post by Colin KC »

I'm a new member here, but I make no apologies for posting on old threads (it's a passtime of mine :D )

So, here's the thing:

BB is the biggest knife forum in the UK, it was the first also.

Now, without propping it up as "The responsible adult" it does need to be said that it has attracted scrutiny from the press & the authorities (due to it's size & being the first etc etc)

Having made that clear I'd like to make a few points concerning the OP.

Ebay have now banned the sale of knives on it's UK site, perhaps if more people reported sellers of illegal knives in a smart fashion it might have had no excuse to stop sales, though there again, mebbe not.

Whether we like it or not, whether we think that nowadays, with assisted openers & linerlocks with ultra smooth actions being as fast (or faster) than switchblades, the flicknife ban is an ass or not. IT IS THE LAW.

BB members (& staff) have worked hard to bring information to its members concerning the blade law inna UK (it's law section is prolly the most comprehensive collated information on the subject in the world) & where it has been flouted by authorities NO ONE speaks louder than BB, where confiscations by the UKC&E authorities have occurred, erroneously, BB members (& staff) have rallied to put a stop to it.

I don't want to offend anyone, but seriously, are you all bleating about BB because it tries to stand for makers & collectors & users by being a straight arrow whilst at the same time trying to put the law straight, in favour of makers & collectors?

Come on, we're all onna same side here, aren't we?
AGENTCOVERT

Post by AGENTCOVERT »

After reading this post I opened an account at British blade forum ,just to see for myself NOT looking for trouble..Wow, I received a " LIFE TIME BAN " in less than 24hrs..for a positive, witty comment.about a dagger " looks sharp and stabby " ..no warnings just immediate banishment..Well no big loss really, those sheepeople consider a common butter knife a fixed blade of mass destruction..seriously get 4 year prison term..they also consider any locking folder ,a fixed blade..People will only follow laws that they deem reasonable..What's next Sporks ? Rounded tip safety scissors?..I'm in disbelief that the people in the UK deem it nessary to ban the common pocket knife.. Pitiful a country they cannot trust its own people to have a knife..
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Never got banned but , I did receive this after posting a photo of a custom Mikov .....
"Re: Mikovs
Quote Originally Posted by Ropeman
Hi,

Your thread got reported as the knives are autos, it seems. Could you confirm whether this is the case? I've archived the thread for now.

We have a rule that we do not discuss things illegal in the UK, I'm sure you understand that we are often under scrutiny and must have adherence to UK laws at all times as we represent knife owners and collectors in Britain and public perception is easy to distort.

Nick,
BB Administrator

Needless to say that was the last time I went to Britishblades forum :x BTW this happened in 2011
Dawg
john

Post by john »

Here's my notice.

Auto knives, BB, and the law.
Please read the BB rules regarding prohibited items. We do not discuss autos or balisongs here, they are illegal.

I've deleted the EDC thread post and archived the stiletto thread, you clearly say you bought the knife recently. It's only legal to own autos or balis if bought prior to the ban.

Put simply, we do not discuss them. And on a public forum you are declaring a criminal act.

As said, read the rules.

Rich
"I'm your Huckleberry"

Forum knife information

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/...fe-Information

I think I've been back two or three times including to copy this notice.
They have their rules and we have our rules.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I was unaware of this,thanks John for being honest. I can no longer be a consort to this vial criminal activity and hereby resign :lol:

The knives are illegal to own but they cannot even discuss them? That's just sad.
The discussions must be something like this-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g5DDokHayc
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

I find it hard enough to buy knives in my country,what a w@@?!r, what does that gain, I was going to try bb but I'll leave it now,thanks for the heads up viking.
Ian
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

aside from that,i just took another look at BB forum and ive decided every single member on that forum is a first class arsehole![/quote]

And a lot of wankers!
2024 candidate for president