WANTED WTB HELLRAISER SWITCH BLADE HELL RAISER PAYPAL READY!

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JimBrown257

Re: WANTED WTB HELLRAISER SWITCH BLADE HELL RAISER PAYPAL RE

Post by JimBrown257 »

A few months ago, Bob as SD picked up two of the non-swinger versions of the HR knife. I don't know if you'd want to settle for one that isn't exactly the one you're after. But the fact it isn't the exact knife means it would probably costs several hundred dollars less.
easy_rider

Post by easy_rider »

yeah pretty much after an original. I know they are $$$ but I dont care. I have seen some close ones but such a neat knife the original. read they are kinda cheap made but they look pretty radical
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

easy_rider wrote:still looking, a few nibbles but nothing solid
This post sort of threw me because you reactivated after a year. I marked all forum posts as read several months ago and now I read everything that is new. I always start with the first unread post on a topic. When someone reopens an old topic, that starts me at the very beginning and I have to notice when it was posted - otherwise it looks like a new 'hot' topic with lots of posts.

So, for the uninformed, can you post some pictures of a Hellraiser? I've heard the term in relationship to a Spanish knife, of which the major characteristic seems to be that the scales are not full width from blade well to spine, but rather are inset to the handles. The liners are thick at the edges and thin in the center where the scales go. This post seems to indicate that the Spanish is a clone of something else, and you want the real thing. I'm confused.

The reason I ask is that I own Killbucket's Hellbent knife:

I would also mention that the has in progress "Helven's Hasp" which is sort of a tribute to Hellraiser:

http://www.sharperdeal.biz/forums/viewt ... &view=next

I don't know if either of the projects hold any interest for you, or bring you any closer to getting what you want. In any case, best of luck.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Dave, the Hellraiser knife is the Spanish Swinger from the 70s. It was featured briefly in the movie Hellraiser. But, just like with the Joker knife or the Johnny Cade puller, one second of screen time can turn a knife into a superstar.
Attachments
Hellraiser 1.jpg
Hellraiser 1.jpg (44.9 KiB) Viewed 7209 times
Last edited by JimBrown257 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

OK. Perhaps the upper one in this picture is closer to what he has in mind. The plan is for the 13" swinger to be bottomless and also have a bayonet grind (maybe extended a bit into a half-grind or semi-dagger.) My friend Jerry is building this one for me.

Last edited by ILikeStilettos on Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Dave, I would put the bottom bolster on it and try to do a similar scale (with the brown fake stag inserts). That way it will look really similar to the HR.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

JimBrown257 wrote:Dave, I would put the bottom bolster on it and try to do a similar scale (with the brown fake stag inserts). That way it will look really similar to the HR.
That would make sense if I was trying to recreate the HR, but I'm not. OP seemed to be having no luck, I was trying to point out custom and mangle approaches which are pretty close and available for reasonable prices. Jerry could copy the humpback and that bottom bolster shape. It could be scaled in real stag, or fake if someone has a source. The tough part is those inset scales.

Of course, the custom has 1095 blade and stainless liners, which is probably better quality than original.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

easy_rider

Post by easy_rider »

thanks gents for the info!

sorry if I bumped a old post. im still looking
easy_rider

Post by easy_rider »

and yes jim brown the one u pictured is the one Im after!

you dont happen to be a cleveland browns fan from MI do you ? I like the name!! :lol:
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

ILikeStilettos wrote:The tough part is those inset scales.
Yeah, that's the part that would make a HR replica tough. Cutting out the metal frame for the inserts would be pretty tricky.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

easy_rider wrote:and yes jim brown the one u pictured is the one Im after!
you dont happen to be a cleveland browns fan from MI do you ? I like the name!! :lol:
There are only a few known examples of the exact HR knife out there so it is going to be tough to get one. If you are persistent (and patient) you will probably get the chance to get one.

As for my user-name, it is completely meaningless. The first time I ever had to pick a name on a message board, I just came up with the first generic name that came to mind. The 257 was my address at the time. I've just used the same name all this time.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I had a true hellraiser knife for awhile, the big thing about them is square. Everything on that knife is based on squares. The locking pin, the bolsters, the overall-shape and feel, it's all very square and has nicely beveled edges.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Actually after thinking some on it, with the right equipment it's doable. You need to have the scale geometry stored in some CAD system which speaks to a CNC mill. You mill the scales with the geometry as a perimeter cut, then mill the liners to create the same geometry as a void area. The two should fit together perfectly. I'm pretty sure Killbucket could handle this - he CNC mills mini-gun parts from plastic, if he can do metal, it's a snap. Failing that, you create several plastic templates, then use conventional methods to remove the liner material.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

BIRD

Post by BIRD »

I did try a hell raiser style knife about a year ago it is in my shop somewhere If I find it I will post a pic I am leaving for Detroit thursday so I may not
trentu

Post by trentu »

By the looks of the movie picture I would almost bet that the metal design material started out flat and was hammered over the stag. Almost like setting a fine stone in a crown on a ring or broach.