Let's make a Mikov

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
panner

Re: Let's make a Mikov

Post by panner »

I have 3 mikov's and none has a lever that snaps back as shown in the two videos provided :( ,Is this function prefered :? :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.
eastcoastsniper

Post by eastcoastsniper »

panner wrote:I have 3 mikov's and none has a lever that snaps back as shown in the two videos provided :( ,Is this function prefered :? :!:
I don't know if it's preferred or not. By filing the mechanism, It allows for a smoother,deeper catch and release. like I said about that "wild thang" I just made..."It snaps back so hard, it chipped the scale". But, The blade sits properly and doesn't scrape the liners.

I think that's the way it was intended to function...Hey...I'm learning as much as you are! there are no other tutorials or instructions about this aspect of the knife, and each post we make here is one less problem for someone else down the road :)
ChadEntwistle

Post by ChadEntwistle »

Ok so after reading this post, and not thinking things through enough I followed the advice to file the sear a bit more square. Now I perhaps may have filed a bit too much off. I believe that when I put the thing together the blade will have a bit of play in it? My sear is rectangular in shape. And had a bit of rounded edge on one side. I have to think the problem would come on the " top and bottom" of the sear not the sides? Of cource I filed off the rounded edge first! Dummy me, any suggestions???? Also my lever is a bit lose from side to side any way to tighten it up any?
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

My blade somtimes scrapes the liners, and I would LOVE if I could get the lever to snap back. However my Mikov is a special peice with ground flush pins, so it's hard to take apart. Also, is there a way to tighten the lver up?

Any in depth tutorial would be appriciated
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
jlchaps

Post by jlchaps »

Hello,
Here is my first contribution of making my homemade Mikov.
It is the first knife I finish myself.
Even it is not perfect, I am happy of the result. The wood is Mahogany.

JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS, Mr. jlchaps!

Nice job - Mos' handsome Mikov...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
jlchaps

Post by jlchaps »

JerrBear wrote:Greetings and WELCOMENESS, Mr. jlchaps!

Nice job - Mos' handsome Mikov...
Thank's ... I'm french and it is my first message on this forum.
I do not see any topic to do a presentation ... isn't it ?
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

jlchaps wrote:I'm french and it is my first message on this forum.
I do not see any topic to do a presentation ... isn't it ?
That all depends on what you wish to "present."

Iff'n you want to post pictures of your knives there is "Blade Pictures" Forum...

Iff'n you want to "present" (Read introduce) your ownself and tell us a little about yourself go to "Taklblade Revealed + Mix" Forum...

(I hope this is what you were inquiring about)...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?