A new Maniago

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wazu013

Re: A new Maniago

Post by wazu013 »

JimBrown257 wrote:
How about a Medici with a unique firing system
...What do you mean by that?
I was thinking a different push button shape like a diamond or maybe a slide of some sort. I'd have to see what the builders could come up with. The mechanism would have to be made with quality steel, sturdy and long lasting. Maybe the swing guard could be used to unlock the blade like Kabar did with their anniversary Dogs head hunter. It's pretty cool, you press down on one side of the guard and it unlocks the blade for closing.
Attachments
Kabar hunter.jpg
Kabar hunter.jpg (23.51 KiB) Viewed 6635 times
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Yeah, that's what I thought you meant but then I thought a "unique system" might actually be a specific term that I wasn't familiar with.

I love it when someone tries to come up with something new and innovative even if it turns out just to be a gimmick.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

How about a single action OTF with the classic stiletto design?

I don't know in my mind exactly how it would look or even iff'n it would be technically feasible... I don't think there has ever been anything like it (mayhap with good reason?) and iff'n the 'Boys in Maniago' could pull it offness it would be plenty 8) COOLNESS! 8)
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

JerrBear wrote:How about a single action OTF with the classic stiletto design?

I don't know in my mind exactly how it would look or even iff'n it would be technically feasible... I don't think there has ever been anything like it (mayhap with good reason?) and iff'n the 'Boys in Maniago' could pull it offness it would be plenty 8) COOLNESS! 8)
Personally I think that's a great idea! Microtech did actually make a knife just like that called the Batama... so it is technically feasible. Pics and description here...

http://www.microholics.org/cgi-bin/ib31 ... 28;t=19552

I think the Microtech design was a bit too blocky though. Maybe Maniago could produce something even more classic-looking, with real pins instead of fake ones.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

JimBrown257 wrote:Great knife. Does anyone actually have one, or at least seen one up close?
No I haven't, but I found some more great close-up shots...

Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
john

Post by john »

Hello Everyone,
I'd like to see several new knives come out of Maniago.
25 cm 5mm Swing guard nickel silver hardware - bolsters and pins, wicked sharp half-grind blade with not so ordinary scales - ram, black lip mop, Egyptian horn
Classic trap door with a 21st century style or old world style something to make it stand out maybe slant bolster? nickel silver hardware - bolsters and pins, not so ordinary scales, swedge blade
A beefy leverlock 23 cm thick and heavy a classic worker knife, but a knife that would never be used at work again with nickel silver hardware - bolsters and pins, not so ordinary scales maybe very textured sambar stag
Everyone had great ideas; I'd like to see any of them go into production.
I'll be the first to say I am placing my order now for whatever is made.
Thank you Michele, for this opportunity to give our opinions and suggestions,
John aka Giancarlo
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

How about a flylock?
Life has no value, Death has a price
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Thanks BTB, I was hoping I could get a top-down look at the Masterpiece, like staring into the shaft (btw, don't actually do that :o ).

That's exactly what I imagined it looking like, with a little space on eace side for the small guards to go down in.

Guards on an OTF is a gimmick to be sure but it's pretty cool nonetheless.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

BTB0923 wrote:
JimBrown257 wrote:Great knife. Does anyone actually have one, or at least seen one up close?
No I haven't, but I found some more great close-up shots...

What a beautiful knife :D
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
Midnight Drums

Post by Midnight Drums »

I'm just excited about the new smaller size Siciliano coming out !

Mike
big_ski

Post by big_ski »

Classic Stiletto style? Yo, somethin like this then! 8) Oh but, (alas) not any reissue - sadness.... :cry: :cry:
Attachments
jeff01.jpg
jeff01.jpg (69.5 KiB) Viewed 6504 times
skinny

Post by skinny »

Yeah yeah! A Frosolone! With a high-quality blade steel! And steel liners! And, and, and.... :mrgreen:
john

Post by john »

Hi Midnight,
A 25cm version of the 45cm Siciliano would be awesome (mine has custom guards)Image
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Hello all!

I spoke with the potential manufacturer and he told me a Rizzuto high-quality edition is feasable.

Also, he asked me if something in the likes of Boker 712 could be interesting. What do you think?

M.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Nice rizzy, yes.
Boker thing, no.

How about something more modern styled like the DKD swingaud stilettos?
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"