new protech

This area is dedicated to balisong (also known as butterfly) knives, and to the fine art of using them.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
beflipped

new protech

Post by beflipped »

they are releasing a bali (via blade HQ)
Attachments
protech-father-fly-19.jpg
protech-father-fly-19.jpg (136.02 KiB) Viewed 7769 times
dark2023

Re: new protech

Post by dark2023 »

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!

How much. I MUST HAVE.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Knifeguy420

Post by Knifeguy420 »

Hmmm! Interesting! Im not quite sure how to feel about it, i like it but its differen,and what can be different, can also be weird and scary! Haha
' Snitches get stitches '
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

dark2023 wrote:How much.
Customs (up for sale on Monday) $499
Production version (coming eventually) $449

Specifications:
Overall Length: 9.25"
Blade Length: 4.25" (taken from the top of the handle when open)
Handle Length: 5"
Closed Length: 5.25"
Weight: 4.0 oz.
Handle Material: Titanium
Blade Material: 154CM

not a spring latch
no latch gate on the customs (could change for production, but i doubt it since they would have to alter the blade length or handle length to make it work)
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

$450 :o :o :o
JESUS, thats more expensive than most Benchmade. But, it's SOOOO pretty and cool looking.
Oh, well, back to the Morpho for me I guess (the dream of buying one soon).
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
big_ski

Post by big_ski »

VERY nice. Got the Godfather blade style goin on. And China did not think of this style firstness so +1 to American ingenuity/style. +2 after China copies it... Just as soon as I win the Powerball I will buy lots of them. No, really. 8)
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

:P COOLNESS! :P

I can't afford one, but iff'n the blades are as scary sharp as the blades onna Godfathers I wouldn't want anything to do with them anyways...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Not a huge fan of bali's but this one is pretty darn slick.
If it is anywhere near as sharp as other Protechs then I would suggest investing in a good first-aid kit :lol:
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

If it is anywhere near as sharp as other Protechs then I would suggest investing in a good first-aid kit :lol:
That sounds a lot like what I tell people looking into the mosin-nagant rifles. "Yeah, they've a cheap base price, but you need to factor in the cost of chiropractic bills"
HumanEvolution

Post by HumanEvolution »

beflipped wrote:they are releasing a bali (via blade HQ)
I do not like the blade.