your first switch

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
peter44

your first switch

Post by peter44 »

Imagehi guys how about showing your first switch?heres mine; beltrame atlas kit with slip in spring, nail nick in blade,its a button open folder till you put the spring in .lets see yours :)
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
lars

Re: your first switch

Post by lars »

A 6"¾ transitional Button O/C, swedge blade and D-stamped liners fully covering the NS bolsters. Slip-in kick spring.
Tangstamp ROSTFREI on the front, PATENT on the back.
I found it during a school trip to Hamburg, Germany, back in ´69. Fell in love with it, and this started a lifelong obsession that I´ve enjoyed ever since. :D
peter44

Post by peter44 »

very nice lars :!: 69 was a good year :!: my year of birth :lol:
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

i dont have pics of them but my very first switch was a 10-3/4" black step bolster Rizzuto my friends dad got when they went to mexico, then after about 2 months the rizzy broke and i got a 13" super thick swedge blade transitional with solid black handle on front and blondish/green on back, we always thought the knife was fixed because of the different color handles on front and back but now that im older and seen lots of transitionals i now know it was original, i was only 11 yrs old when i got both knives and i totally lost the rizzuto one day riding my bike as we were practicing doing wheelies that day , we went back several times looking for the knife but could not find it, the 13" transitional i had for about 2 years then gave it back to original owner who took it upon himself to start practicing throwing the knife at a garage wall (idiot), well least to say the knife hit the floor several times and he broke the handles off then continued to throw at garage and broke more stuff on knife then i was told by his younger brother he threw knife in trash :((((( man i was soo disapointed i should have just kept the knife instead of giving it back as i would most likely still have it.
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

I also don't have pics of my first switch , all I have is memories ....My first was a " Mexican Bullfighter " leverlock w/ red scales .....bought it from a fellow student at school for a mere $ 5.00
( alot of money in 1963 )....it was old when I got it , massive amount of bladeplay , barely would lock in when closed , but I loved it ! ....kept it for about 2 months showing it at school daily ...then was dicovered by a drafting teacher , sent to the "office" & my switchblade was confiscated by school officals ......gone ! :( .....now 48 years later , I have 3 "bullfighter" LL's in my small collection , but none exactly like my "first " !
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

My first was also lost or stolen years ago. Alot of my buddies at the time wanted it badly and switchblades of any kind were scarce. I'm think it was a metal handled Edgemaster, but it might have been the Presto model (30+ years ago, and both are about the same).

This is a similar knife only a little more worse for wear than the one I had back then.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

no pics, last time i saw it it was stuck in the side wall of a tire of some a**hole drive away rather swiftly. but it was a black handeled rizzy
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

bought it from a fellow student at school for a mere $ 5.00
( alot of money in 1963 )....it was old when I got it , massive amount of bladeplay , barely would lock in when closed , but I loved it ! ....kept it for about 2 months showing it at school daily ...then was dicovered by a drafting teacher , sent to the "office" & my switchblade was confiscated by school officals ......gone ! :( .....now 48 years later , I have 3 "bullfighter" LL's in my small collection , but none exactly like my "first " !
Now-a-days you'd wind up in a juvenile detention center or something. (I had a friend get expelled for having a zippo)

My first switch is the blue one I bought a few months ago.

This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

My first switch was about what seemed to be 2 feet long maybe more. I remember hiding it outside of school before class and when I went back it was gone. My second switch was an 8" EIG cutlery picklock that I still have today. If I get ambitious I'll post a pic or two of it. After 45 years in my hands it still snaps like a gator. I still have one of his Saturday night specials too. It sat in my tool box for 20 years before I started treating it like the collectable that it is. Saul Eig knew how to equip the" Rockin Hoods" of the 50's and 60's. Viet Nam took the starch out of most of the Hoods that I knew. Alot of his imports made it over there and were used as poker chips. Those were the days my friend...
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I still have one of his Saturday night specials too. It sat in my tool box for 20 years before I started treating it like the collectable that it is.
Is it one of those .22 EIG 4 shot pistols I've seen, those are pretty cool.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
peter44

Post by peter44 »

thanks for sharing your memories guys :!: i love the stories of juvenile delinquency :!: wasnt that a song :?:
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

My Dad had a candy stripe bowtie fishtail switch in his tool box that I procured in 1963. Finally got busted with it at a neighbors house and Dad wore me out for taking it out of the house. He did let me keep it in my sock drawer though. No clue whatever happened to it but I was hooked. Next was a Rizzy later in the 60's, still have it but wont stay closed.

I remember getting caught with it at school, got it returned at the end of the school year. Times have changed.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Mine was a 10 1/2 inch Rizzy with a black handle. Carried it alot as a teen......
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Tom19176 wrote:Mine was a 10 1/2 inch Rizzy with a black handle. Carried it alot as a teen......
Same here, got it when I was 12. It came from Mexico, My friends dad was a biker and brought a few back
Leverlock switchblades
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Rizzy for me also. Got mine from an uncle in the US when I was about 14yrs old. Also played around with an old fake switch that had the leaf spring removed and tried to build one from a metal coat hanger. Didn't work out very well. :lol:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6