RIP 'My Parents'

Do you want to talk about your beautiful country, family, or dog? Would you like to say where you went on holiday or how you arranged the garden? Are you willing to tell us you girlfriend left you for a(nother) loser? Do you have ANY non knife-related topic you want to discuss? This is the place!

Moderators: Bonzo, Wally J. Corpse, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Re: RIP 'My Parents'

Post by arthas »

Sincere condolences to you and your brother!

M.
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

My condolences to you and your brother.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

I just wanted to thank everyone for their comments, and also for the multiple PM's that i received. It really does mean a lot to me.

I know we don't always agree on certain things (and at times it seems KNIVES are all that we agree on :wink: ) But even so, i appreciate everyone giving their support.

There is so much to deal with when something like this happens....but what i didn't realize...is that AFTER, there is SO MUCH MORE to deal with :shock: ....gives me a friggin headache!

Anyways...talk to you all later. im off to talk to more lawers :roll:
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

One year anniversary was yesterday, very hard day for me.

I have been doing well, trying to keep myself busy with stuff as to not think about it.

My brother hasn't been doing well. I had to check him into drug treatment last week. He will be in there for a couple months at least. Its really sad that he is in there for his birthday (14th) and anniversay of our parents death (18th).

Its been alot to deal with, considering now i basically have 2 peopls lives to manage. As i have to attend to talking with his lawyer among a vast cavern of other crap. I really hope he can get through treatment and stay clean so he can handle his own life. He was into some pretty heavy stuff, im glad i got him in there when i did he looked horrible. At least he's alive. Im just worried about a relapse after he gets out.

Anyways, just wanted to thank everyone here for there support, its been a very tough year for me.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I always think of your loss when I read your posts about anything. I have been happy to see your well written posts that seem to show you have been copeing well with your loss. Very sorry to hear about your brother and his present issue. Did his drug use start when your parents passed or was it an issue that grew after their deaths?
missaman

Post by missaman »

Just logged om I am so sorry to hear of your loss,Been a biker for 30 years lost a few friends on the road, it is never easy...
I will pass this on to the local chapters of C.M.A., Prayers sent Missaman
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Tom19176 wrote:I always think of your loss when I read your posts about anything. I have been happy to see your well written posts that seem to show you have been copeing well with your loss. Very sorry to hear about your brother and his present issue. Did his drug use start when your parents passed or was it an issue that grew after their deaths?
he had a few problems with pot and alchol when he was a minor, but nothing crazy. It really grew after our parents died. He was into a whole bunch of nasty stuff i couldn't believe it. Far FAR past just smoking pot.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sorry ta hear about ya brother, i hope rehab will get him on a better path, stay strong my friend.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Our prayers and condolences will always be with you and your brother J, You guys have been through alot and I hope everything starts getting better.
Jeff
Leverlock switchblades
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

I remember when that happened. That must have been a terrible thing to deal with. I am sorry for your loss and your brother's problems. Remember it's Easter season, there is a Resurrection . Have faith.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

As Tom said I too think of this tragedy when I read your posts.
Stay strong my friend and do what you can to help your bro,if he is anything like yourself he will get better and back on track.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Best wishes, my friend. I know this will stay with you always. I've lost both my mother and sister, and think of them every day. I know you will honor your parents memory. Good luck to your brother, he's lucky to have you.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

You have great compassion for your brother, and that is as it should be. What you two went through was not something most here can ever visualize. Everyone deals with these traumatic events differently. Ii is not totally because "some are stronger", that explanation is too simplistic. Keep up the good work.
john

Post by john »

Chrisadamley wrote:Today at 5:15 both my parents were killed in a motorcycle accident on the highway. I pickup truck didn't stop or even slow down at a crossroad where there was a stop sign and they hit the truck right in the side.

They were only 45 years old, survived by me (21) and my brother who just turned 18 in april.

I probably wont be on for awhile. This is so sad i can not stop crying. I really wish this wasn't true.

If you are the praying type, pray for my brother. We are both taking this very hard.

So i will see you guys later once i get this all figured out. Its so much to deal with right now. :cry:
Hello Chrisadamley,
I just learned of your and your brother's loss today. When I read your post I thought it happened in 2011 and as I continued to read I realized it was last year. It's never too late to pray, so I am praying for your parents, for your and for your brother.
Your brother needs you now more than ever be there for him all you need to do is be there for him tell him you'll aways be there for him and you need him to recover from his drug addiction. He needs to here you love him and with your help, the help from the people at the treatment center and God's help he'll recover. The loss of parents is a horrible thing and not easy to deal with it takes time to heal and move on. It's different for everyone. It's not a sign of weakness.
God Bless you both,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed