Anybody carry a knife for self-defense?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tequiza

Re: Anybody carry a knife for self-defense?

Post by tequiza »

hogwild wrote:If I pull a knife I'm already screwed, it means I missed 6 times with my 44 mag
BINGO :!: :lol:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

hogwild wrote:If I pull a knife I'm already screwed, it means I missed 6 times with my 44 mag
tequiza wrote: BINGO :!: :lol:
Mr. tequiza,

Don't you mean BANGO? :P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

JerrBear wrote:
tequiza wrote: BINGO :!: :lol:
Mr. tequiza,

Don't you mean BANGO? :P HO! HO! :P
Yup, 6 times. :lol:
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

:D :D :D

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

catavengercaptain wrote:
I did learn an interesting fact, in my state, my CCW allows me to legally carry a switchblade.
I am not disputing that in anyway but remember that perception is reality. If God forbid you do have to use it in self defense, it would look much better in front of a judge if you used a regular utility knife than a switch; at least that is what a lawyer told me once.
That's the same reason that the only time I have ever shot at a silhouette target was to qualify for my CCW. The range I use would back me up. It all goes towards plausible deniability about your intentions if the need for defense ever arises. I've worked hard to establish a reputation as a peaceful person who believes in being prepared.
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
missaman

Post by missaman »

tequiza wrote:The Smith model 29 .44 Mag is definitely a better looking gun than the Ruger, but you can't beat the Super Redhawk for toughness, you can run some really hot loads through them, ( check Garrett ammo ) on the .357 I like the Smiths but I also like the GP100, it's one solid machine :!:
The attachment gp100 001.jpg is no longer available

Missa Teq.
Here is a pic of my sp101.
It will knock off your finger nails with hot loads
Attachments
MVC-011S.JPG
MVC-011S.JPG (27.7 KiB) Viewed 5055 times
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

missaman wrote:
tequiza wrote:The Smith model 29 .44 Mag is definitely a better looking gun than the Ruger, but you can't beat the Super Redhawk for toughness, you can run some really hot loads through them, ( check Garrett ammo ) on the .357 I like the Smiths but I also like the GP100, it's one solid machine :!:
gp100 001.jpg

Missa Teq.
Here is a pic of my sp101.
It will knock off your finger nails with hot loads
What loads are you using in that one Missa, i'v been trying out the Fiocchi 125gr JHP's in the 100 and they seem a tad bit hotter than the Federals.
Riff™

Post by Riff™ »

I live in California and they are illegal but I still do. In reality the only thing a cop would do is take it from me say I am doing you a favor by not arresting you and keep it for himself. I say that because I seen it happen to two buddies already.
Jose87

Post by Jose87 »

I'm not so violent person so I rather to carry a baton an asp baton brand. The ASP Tactical Baton is the most tactically sophisticated impact weapon currently available to law enforcement personnel. Tested by the most elite federal teams, the ASP Baton has proven itself "virtually indestructible." This is the first choice of the world's most tactically advanced law enforcement agencies. Easily carried and readily available, ASP Batons have an incredible psychological deterrence and unparalleled control potential. The premium materials, exceptional workmanship and flawless function of the ASP Baton sets it apart from all others in quality, durability and performance. In every detail, this is the finest impact weapon produced.
A functioning police state needs no police.
asp baton
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Jose87 wrote:I'm not so violent person so I rather to carry a baton an asp baton brand. The ASP Tactical Baton is the most tactically sophisticated impact weapon currently available to law enforcement personnel. Tested by the most elite federal teams, the ASP Baton has proven itself "virtually indestructible." This is the first choice of the world's most tactically advanced law enforcement agencies. Easily carried and readily available, ASP Batons have an incredible psychological deterrence and unparalleled control potential. The premium materials, exceptional workmanship and flawless function of the ASP Baton sets it apart from all others in quality, durability and performance. In every detail, this is the finest impact weapon produced.
I don't know about anyone else, but that kinda makes me want to get one :)
Leverlock switchblades
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

It also looks better in court than a knife. :D
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

I would prefer my Taurus .357 than a baton, you have to get pretty close to use one of those things, and what would happen if the bad guy took it away from you? Jim
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

switchman1 wrote:you have to get pretty close to use one of those things, and what would happen if the bad guy took it away from you?
Alas, you mos' likely would get conked upon thine ownself noggin... :P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

switchman1 wrote:I would prefer my Taurus .357 than a baton, you have to get pretty close to use one of those things, and what would happen if the bad guy took it away from you? Jim
Yup, 1450 FPS beats out a baton every time :!:
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »